Trade an 8GB 7 Series for an 8GB 5 Series?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 11, 2007
There has been much debate as to whether the 7 series screen is worse than the 5 series screen. Some folks like the 7 and some like the 5. I currently have an 8GB 7 series that works great...but I hate how dark it is. I am wondering if anyone would like to trade. Mine is only 4 days old and I'm looking for someone with a 5 series with good battery life and functioning perfectly. Mine has no "white dots"...it's just darker than I like. I am also wondering if Apple will still warranty a phone that has been traded or purchased on Ebay. I am also considering returning mine for a refund and trying to find a seller who is honest about the battery life.

Any thoughts? Message me and we can talk and work out the details if interested.

Aug 11, 2007
why on earth would someone want to trade their iPhone with a bright screen for one that does not and admittedly so?
I have searched this issue in the forums and have seen a number of people who actually prefer the "darker" screen as it has richer coloring and doesn't appear as "washed out" (their words). I have come across several posts that actually state that they wish they could get rid of their 5 series for a 7 series. It seems it is a personal preference. Mine is for the 5 series. Again, my screen is not defective it is simply the "other" version. If I had determined that the 5 series was universally preferred I would not have posted this request.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
If your screen is so "dark" that you have brightness set to all to the way up then your iPhone is defective. No one will want to trade you for that.

If your brightness is not all of the way up I don't know what you are complaining about. I have a 7* screen (prefer the contrast) and my brightness is set to less than 50%. The screen is gorgeous.

--
Mike

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
I have a Series 5 screen, and took at a look at the series 7 at the AT&T store.. to be honest You only notice if you really really look for it.

I didn't think it was noticeable enough to worry about.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Put the iPhone into field test mode. Type *3001#12345#* - stars included - into the number pad of the phone and press call. Then select versions. The first number (5 or 7) will tell you.