Traded for Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by missygal, Dec 3, 2014.

1. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

I had originally got the iPhone 6 but have always kinda regretted it so went to AT&T today and sold it back and got the Plus!! It's big but I'm loving it!

2. BobsApple

BobsApple New Member

Hi Missy!

Congrats!!! Great phone beautiful screen! I looked at them and I do understand the attraction to them! For me coming from a I5, I'm happy with my I6 just due to size.

Again congratulations!!! I am sure it will serve you well!

Best wishes

Bob

3. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

How much did AT&T give you in trade for your 6?

4. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

$400...

5. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Did you buy your 6 on the next Plan or subsidized? $400 doesn't seem like a whole lot for a 2 month old phone.

6. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

Yes I was on the next plan and re started it with new phone. After only making two payments then getting $400 for it was a great price!

7. Lenor

Lenor New Member

Good decision :) You'll never regret switching to iphone 6 plus. I don't know about you but I prefer bigger screen.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Is your Plus also on Next, is it subsidized or did you pay full cost for it?
    2. If you bought it full cost, do you still have to make Next payments on the old one (and they just paid you part of that overall actual value)?
    3. If the new one is also on Next, is your monthly payment just $5 more per month now?
    4. Did you pay it off (about $550) and then sell it to them for $400 taking a loss of about $150?

You aren't supposed to be able to get a new phone for 12 months with Next unless you pay it off completely beforehand. Full cost is $650+, so you would still owe at least $550. It doesn't really make sense that they would they give you $400 for a Next phone you only paid about $100 on so far. I must be missing something.

9. rollinfromhell

Gold

She probably bought it at full price, or paid the rest of it off. Even if she paid the rest of it off, she only dished out 300 plus tax on the new phone (maybe not at all if she's out of California).

10. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

I see this forum is like the rest! Always second guessing what someone writes. I'm done...

11. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

There are other forums? Links please!

Maybe a chill pill is in order here. I'd share one but my new doctor treated me like a bank robber when I asked her for a mild sedative/sleep aid. I already eat melatonin like it was candy lady. ;)

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think you may have misunderstood these posts. No one was second guessing what you wrote; we just needed more details and I was confused because AT&T told me I couldn't do it without paying mine off first. I'm just really curious about the cost involved because I've considered switching to silver/white. Sorry for asking so many questions. I understand if you don't want to go into detail on it.

13. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Don't leave. It's hard to understand when we write and don't speak in person. We all have different personalities. Some of us clash. Some don't. Sometimes our questions or answers come across wrong. Sometimes we're in bad moods. Sometimes we're frustrated. Sometimes we're just onery. Sometimes we just need to step back and take a deep breath.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

In my first summer job in an office, my mentor had a saying on his desk that's stuck with me for over 45 years. The saying on one side read, "Everybody knows something". On the other side it read, "Nobody knows everything". I believe we've all joined this board both to learn as well as to contribute to the learning of others.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wasn't in a bad mood, frustrated or onery. I just wanted to know what kind of deal she got because I was considering switching colors. Rollinginfromhell also wasn't frustrated, in a bad mood or onery. He was just guessing at the deal to try to help me since she didn't go into a lot of detail. I'm still confused as to why our posts upset her.

16. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

My comment wasn't about YOU. Please don't take it that way. It was a general statement about message boards.

17. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

I'm sorry I took it wrong, felt as I was being second guessed! Between the $400 for old phone and $54 to pay it off that was it. I have unlimited data still so I pay more than $5 extra monthly. I honestly didn't think it was going to be possible but figured is give it a try! So glad I did...really like the bigger phone!

18. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Thanks for hanging in there. I had a lot of questions after your initial post since I just bought the 6 and have had thoughts of trading it in and getting the +. After all the discussion and your last post I have a pretty clear understanding of the costs involved. This is a great forum and I would have been sad to see you leave.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'll just say that Napoleon would be very put out if @missygal left. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

Thank you everyone!