Traded for Plus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I had originally got the iPhone 6 but have always kinda regretted it so went to AT&T today and sold it back and got the Plus!! It's big but I'm loving it!

BobsApple

Nov 9, 2014
San Francisco Bay Area
Hi Missy!

Congrats!!! Great phone beautiful screen! I looked at them and I do understand the attraction to them! For me coming from a I5, I'm happy with my I6 just due to size.

Again congratulations!!! I am sure it will serve you well!

Best wishes

Bob

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes I was on the next plan and re started it with new phone. After only making two payments then getting $400 for it was a great price!
1. Is your Plus also on Next, is it subsidized or did you pay full cost for it?
2. If you bought it full cost, do you still have to make Next payments on the old one (and they just paid you part of that overall actual value)?
3. If the new one is also on Next, is your monthly payment just $5 more per month now?
4. Did you pay it off (about $550) and then sell it to them for $400 taking a loss of about $150?

You aren't supposed to be able to get a new phone for 12 months with Next unless you pay it off completely beforehand. Full cost is $650+, so you would still owe at least $550. It doesn't really make sense that they would they give you $400 for a Next phone you only paid about $100 on so far. I must be missing something.

Aug 1, 2007
1. Is your Plus also on Next, is it subsidized or did you pay full cost for it?
2. If you bought it full cost, do you still have to make Next payments on the old one (and they just paid you part of that overall actual value)?
3. If the new one is also on Next, is your monthly payment just $5 more per month now?
4. Did you pay it off (about $550) and then sell it to them for $400 taking a loss of about $150?

You aren't supposed to be able to get a new phone for 12 months with Next unless you pay it off completely beforehand. Full cost is $650+, so you would still owe at least $550. It doesn't really make sense that they would they give you $400 for a Next phone you only paid about $100 on so far. I must be missing something.
She probably bought it at full price, or paid the rest of it off. Even if she paid the rest of it off, she only dished out 300 plus tax on the new phone (maybe not at all if she's out of California).

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
She probably bought it at full price, or paid the rest of it off. Even if she paid the rest of it off, she only dished out 300 plus tax on the new phone (maybe not at all if she's out of California).

I see this forum is like the rest! Always second guessing what someone writes. I'm done...

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I see this forum is like the rest! Always second guessing what someone writes. I'm done...
There are other forums? Links please!

Maybe a chill pill is in order here. I'd share one but my new doctor treated me like a bank robber when I asked her for a mild sedative/sleep aid. I already eat melatonin like it was candy lady. ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think you may have misunderstood these posts. No one was second guessing what you wrote; we just needed more details and I was confused because AT&T told me I couldn't do it without paying mine off first. I'm just really curious about the cost involved because I've considered switching to silver/white. Sorry for asking so many questions. I understand if you don't want to go into detail on it.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Don't leave. It's hard to understand when we write and don't speak in person. We all have different personalities. Some of us clash. Some don't. Sometimes our questions or answers come across wrong. Sometimes we're in bad moods. Sometimes we're frustrated. Sometimes we're just onery. Sometimes we just need to step back and take a deep breath.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
In my first summer job in an office, my mentor had a saying on his desk that's stuck with me for over 45 years. The saying on one side read, "Everybody knows something". On the other side it read, "Nobody knows everything". I believe we've all joined this board both to learn as well as to contribute to the learning of others.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Don't leave. It's hard to understand when we write and don't speak in person. We all have different personalities. Some of us clash. Some don't. Sometimes our questions or answers come across wrong. Sometimes we're in bad moods. Sometimes we're frustrated. Sometimes we're just onery. Sometimes we just need to step back and take a deep breath.
I wasn't in a bad mood, frustrated or onery. I just wanted to know what kind of deal she got because I was considering switching colors. Rollinginfromhell also wasn't frustrated, in a bad mood or onery. He was just guessing at the deal to try to help me since she didn't go into a lot of detail. I'm still confused as to why our posts upset her.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I wasn't in a bad mood, frustrated or onery. I just wanted to know what kind of deal she got because I was considering switching colors. Rollinginfromhell also wasn't frustrated, in a bad mood or onery. He was just guessing at the deal to try to help me since she didn't go into a lot of detail. I'm still confused as to why our posts upset her.
My comment wasn't about YOU. Please don't take it that way. It was a general statement about message boards.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I'm sorry I took it wrong, felt as I was being second guessed! Between the $400 for old phone and $54 to pay it off that was it. I have unlimited data still so I pay more than $5 extra monthly. I honestly didn't think it was going to be possible but figured is give it a try! So glad I did...really like the bigger phone!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Thanks for hanging in there. I had a lot of questions after your initial post since I just bought the 6 and have had thoughts of trading it in and getting the +. After all the discussion and your last post I have a pretty clear understanding of the costs involved. This is a great forum and I would have been sad to see you leave.