Traded in my Palm Pre for an iPhone 3GS

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Fanboy as a term of endearment? I'm sorry Mark, but when confronted regarding your debate style, all logic and believability seem to go out the door with you. Who here do you think is buying that one... really?

I'm not commanding you to do anything, I'm telling you why I think you're a crap debater. No offense.

Perusing this thread, I really only see one person getting heated up about all this, but it's certainly not me. I'll give you 1 guess. :eek:k:eek:k
Dave my friend there is a difference between heated up and energized. :eek:k:eek:kMark

BTW: I think it is so funny how much Flower hates me. All great men are hated..:sneaky:

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
There was a confirmed case of swine flu at my brother's work last week, so I'm just sitting around waiting to expire.
I was shocked when I looked at a CDC map yesterday and found out there were about 1800 reported cases here in FL. And like 40,000 nationwide!

Last I heard it on the news, there were like 600 in the whole of the U.S.

Wow. Something points to a power above the media telling them not to scare everyone with the whole swine flu thing? It slows national industry and productivity? Who knows. I was just shocked when I saw how many(remember, this is just confirmed) infections there were to date.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Dave my friend there is a difference between heated up and energized. :eek:k:eek:kMark

BTW: I think it is so funny how much Flower hates me. All great men are hated..:sneaky:
I don't hate great men, for the record. I love dave, rick and naps....all three are great men.

I dislike asses. there's a difference. :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
BTW: I think it is so funny how much Flower hates me so much. All great men are hated..:sneaky:
You could try meeting her halfway and not saying things like that last sentence. You know you're just trying to irritate her by saying that, so you've sort of indicated your priorities there.

Sorry man, you know you and I are friends, but you have a pretty messed-up way of interacting with people sometimes. Stop pushing buttons on purpose and start listening when people tell you why you irritate them. That's not a command, either, that's just what my momma taught me. Give it a shot.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Ok since I see that me and my Pre are such an irritation here. I will "try" not to post in this thread anymore. How do you think this post shot to super stardom though? Everyone loves to debate me and tell me I'm wrong. In exchange for that I tell them the same. Mark

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You just cross a line sometimes, Mark, where it doesn't seem like you're having fun any more. Just be mindful of your tone. For the most part, I think we all are courteous in debate here. Set the example...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I don't kiss anyone's ass, btw. Just tell it like it is. Maybe you should take some lessons from them....then maybe one day, you too, can be a great man. :eek:k:eek:k
I didn't say you did. I was referring to my thinking. I don't just think a certain way because everyone else does or it's the in thing to do. I make my own decisions and form my own opinions. Mark

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I didn't say you did. I was referring to my thinking. I don't just think a certain way because everyone else does or it's the end thing to do. I make my own decisions and form my own opinions. Mark
ok....? this argument makes no sense.....at least, not to me.

Anyway, i got dragged into a thread that I cannot contribute to because I was brought into it by you. I do not want to hijack it and continue this pointless banter.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
You still did not answer the question. Most likely because you don't have a valid answer for the question.You don't even know yourself why you don't want Palm Pre owner's not syncing to iTunes. Your response everyone else is saying Pre owners should not be able to sync to iTunes so I just joined in. Shows you as a follower and not a leader. If everyone else doused their selves in gasoline and lit their selves on fire. Would you do that also? I'm not trying to be hard on you. I'm just trying to get you to see how foolish it is to concern yourself with something that doesn't even affect you. Mark
I absolutely am not telling him not to have an opinion. I am merely suggesting to him if you have and voice an opinion at least have a good reason for your opinion. Don't just have that opinion because everyone else thinks like that. Mark
The Pre syncing with iTunes was brought up (I am pretty sure) on the software forum where I first expressed my opinion, so I have had this opinion since it was first announced by Palm. Trust me I am not just following and simply agreeing with everyone. I answered your original question the best I could. I don't think the Pre should sync with iTunes because it was done so without permission from Apple, using a hack to trick iTunes into thinking it was an ipod. Right there tells you something is wrong and they just couldn't come up with something better so Rubinstein used previous knowledge (probably knowledge owned by Apple through his contract when he left) to exploit a part of the iTunes code. I would have no problem with it if they asked for the functionality from Apple, but they knew what the answer would be so they figured they could just trick it. I understand it doesn't affect me but I don't like it so I can voice that opinion here. I hope I gave some better backing in this post to me not liking it.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Dave,
You know what really gets me? I asked that other poster why did he think the Pre shouldn't sync with iTunes. I also asked him why did it matter either way to him. The best answer he could give is everyone else thinks that way. I find myself so frustrated with people who go along just to get along. When I write something here (whether people agree with me or not). I back it up with why I feel the way I do. I can't stand people who give me their opinion that is actually someone elses opinion. When people talk down on a certain device they need to know why and have a good reason.

EIC has grown like crazy and became a trusted source of information in the "Tech World". Heck I called some company's tech support and they referenced EIC as the solution to the problem. There is a lot riding on these device launches (in Palm's case do or die). I want people to understand what they say here is echoed throughout the tech world. Mostly why I get so PO'd about someone slamming a device they know nothing about except for everyone else said. Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
The Pre syncing with iTunes was brought up (I am pretty sure) on the software forum where I first expressed my opinion, so I have had this opinion since it was first announced by Palm. Trust me I am not just following and simply agreeing with everyone. I answered your original question the best I could. I don't think the Pre should sync with iTunes because it was done so without permission from Apple, using a hack to trick iTunes into thinking it was an ipod. Right there tells you something is wrong and they just couldn't come up with something better so Rubinstein used previous knowledge (probably knowledge owned by Apple through his contract when he left) to exploit a part of the iTunes code. I would have no problem with it if they asked for the functionality from Apple, but they knew what the answer would be so they figured they could just trick it. I understand it doesn't affect me but I don't like it so I can voice that opinion here. I hope I gave some better backing in this post to me not liking it.
Who gives a darn? People are hacking their iPhones (I.e., Jailbreaking) are you angry about that also? Surely Apple is totally against that. Mark

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Who gives a darn? People are hacking their iPhones (I.e., Jailbreaking) are you angry about that also? Surely Apple is totally against that. Mark
Well obviously people do give a darn, this thread blew up when this was brought up. I don't have a problem with jailbreaking and there is a whole 'nother discussion needed for that and IMO what people do with their iPhone (or Pre) is their businesss. Palm doesn't like jailbreaking either, so it isn't just Apple not liking it. The users aren't hacking iTunes and you can very well just keep using 8.2 and keep the ability, but it was a major company who did it and advertised it as tricking iTunes into thinking it was an ipod.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Mark, the vast majority of us here are never going to own a Pre like you have. Does that mean we can not debate with you about it? And I'm not seeing your example of lemming syndrome in so many words here... are you sure you're not misinterpreting somewhere? Lord knows I could have missed it in all this.

So back on topic: Apple defeats jailbreaking with pretty much every release. Why not think of this Palm hack as a jailbreak of sorts and then Apple's just playing par for the course? I still don't see how you would think Apple unreasonable to stop its competitors from piggybacking its products...?