tranfering from Eternity to iPhone? Help

Borchers

Aug 19, 2009
I want to transfer from my Samsung Eternity to an iPhone. I have a year left on my contract with ATT and in order to upgrade to an iPhone on the ATT website it will coast me $399 for the new 3gs iPhone. My question is:
Can I buy an iPhone 3gs from the Apple website for $199, which is a fair price and one I am willing to pay, and transfer my number to that phone and continue with my current contract with ATT. It seems stupid to pay double the price for the same phone? Is this possible or am I screwed because of ATT?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Apple will charge you the same price as AT&T. Apple has access to AT&T's database, so they will know what your upgrade eligibility is.

Borchers

Aug 19, 2009
Any iPhone will cost me $399?

So if I get an iPhone from somewhere else, ebay, Craigs list, ect... I can transfer my number and ATT account to that phone? Or will I get charged by ATT when I try to activate the phone?

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm selling my 16gb 3G for $350 shipped. ;)

lol
...Truthfully, just wait. Most likely they will let you upgrade at least a month or maybe a few months earlier

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
So if I get an iPhone from somewhere else, ebay, Craigs list, ect... I can transfer my number and ATT account to that phone? Or will I get charged by ATT when I try to activate the phone?
Phones cost more on ebay and craigslist.