Transfer Blackberry SMS to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpt.joo, Sep 6, 2009.

1. cpt.joo

cpt.joo New Member

Hey i just bought the iphone 3gs, i was wondering if anyone knows how to copy sms text messages from a blackberry curve to the iphone

thanks!
  2. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot

I dont think this is possible. I would just start fresh.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. cpt.joo

cpt.joo New Member

i can't believe that haha, there has got to be. I feel so weird that i'm the only one looking to do this
  5. debest74

debest74 Member

You are not the only one trying 2 do this. I know a few people trying including me. I finally gave up and email my self every text I wanted to save. :D
  6. debest74

debest74 Member

And on the iPhone if I want 2 save a text I screen capture it, then I go 2
    my pictures and email it 2 my self.
    If someone knows a better work around please share and thank u in advance.;)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator

You can save the SMS file on one iPhone and import to another iPhone (or back to the same one after a restore). It's easy but the iPhones must be jailbroken.

Going from a Blackberry to iPhone won't work because it's a different file type and operating system.
  8. RossMc

RossMc Zealot

Forward your texts from your blackberry to your iPhone number?
  9. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot

When I had my blackberry bold for 2-3 months and then decided to go back to the iphone I was looking for a way to do this and came up with nothing so I just figured I would start fresh.
  10. speedsoul

speedsoul New Member

I just got my 3GS on Friday and came over from a BB Curve. Can't be done.
  11. cpt.joo

cpt.joo New Member

that is incredibly depressing. I can't email myself for 2 reasons, the phone no longer has service, and theres 8046 text messages i want to keep. I guess i'll be carrying around both phones haha
  12. scrisakil

scrisakil Guest

using google syn?
  13. cpt.joo

cpt.joo New Member

What is google syn?
  14. debest74

debest74 Member

I think he meant GOOGLE SYNC... that did not work for me, so i don't know if its going 2 work for u.
  15. gr8hntr

gr8hntr New Member

16. Pisben

Pisben New Member

There has to be a way to integrate blackberry SMS to iPhone
  17. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor

You can back them up to a GMail account from your BlackBerry via a program like DexRex, but getting them into the iPhone is not going to happen. You can transfer text messages from an old BlackBerry to a new BlackBerry via BB Desktop Manager. You can transfer text messages from an old iPhone to a new iPhone via iCloud backups. But cross-platform sms transfer doesn't work for anybody.