Transfer contact # from Treo to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hiphop101

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I was using a treo 650 and i want to transfer all of my contact number over to my iPhone, i have over 200 #...is there a simple way to do this besides doing it manually?

Thank You

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I was using a treo 650 and i want to transfer all of my contact number over to my iPhone, i have over 200 #...is there a simple way to do this besides doing it manually?

Thank You
Yes, change the Palm software to sync to Outlook by launch the Palm Sync Conduit changer.
Sync.
Then, use iTunes to sync your contacts from Outlook.

Voila.

hiphop101

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Have you synced your Treo to your PC with the Palm or windows software. If you did your contacts should be in Outlook Express or Outlook 2003 or some such... Have you done that?
all of my contacts are in my palm desktop. but now how do i transfer them into my iPhone? i don't know what outlook is? :oops:

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
Transfer

I believe that you should be able to open your palm sync program and change from syncing to the palm desktop to syncing to Microsoft Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook. Do you have MS Office installed on your PC? if so you likely have Outlook installed also... if not you surely have Outlook Express installed... Look for either outlooks and run them once before you do the sync.

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Transferring contact #s/addresses from Treo to iPhone

I just did this very successfuly a couple of days ago.

There are two relatively easy ways to do it.

1. Purchase software called Missing Sync for Palm OS. This works very well and is what I did, though in retrospect it is probably not completely necessary...it just makes life easier. You sync using Missing Sync, it imports everything into Apple's Address Book and Calendar. Then you just sync your iPhone in iTunes and set iTunes to sync with your Address Book and Calendar, and voila. It took 5 minutes.

2. In the Palm Software, export your Calendar as a vcal file and your contacts as a vcard file. Import these into Apple's Calendar and Address Book applications. Then sync with iTunes. This is free and just about as easy, but you don't sync photos, videos, or anything other than the calendar and phone list.

Hope this helps!

-Phil

hiphop101

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I just did this very successfuly a couple of days ago.

There are two relatively easy ways to do it.

1. Purchase software called Missing Sync for Palm OS. This works very well and is what I did, though in retrospect it is probably not completely necessary...it just makes life easier. You sync using Missing Sync, it imports everything into Apple's Address Book and Calendar. Then you just sync your iPhone in iTunes and set iTunes to sync with your Address Book and Calendar, and voila. It took 5 minutes.

2. In the Palm Software, export your Calendar as a vcal file and your contacts as a vcard file. Import these into Apple's Calendar and Address Book applications. Then sync with iTunes. This is free and just about as easy, but you don't sync photos, videos, or anything other than the calendar and phone list.

Hope this helps!

-Phil
So would i have to import one contact at a time? for option #2?

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Boys and Girls: I've had my iPhone since iDay. I have never been able to sync Contacts and Calendar from Outlook 2003. I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. Yes, everything is plugged in correctly (that's the first question Dell tech support asks) and all the settings (checkboxes) are correct in iTunes. Any suggestions? (Yes, besides buying a Mac.)

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Boys and Girls: I've had my iPhone since iDay. I have never been able to sync Contacts and Calendar from Outlook 2003. I'm running WinXP Pro SP2. Yes, everything is plugged in correctly (that's the first question Dell tech support asks) and all the settings (checkboxes) are correct in iTunes. Any suggestions? (Yes, besides buying a Mac.)
I was able to sync with both Mac Address Book and Outlook 2007. You may need to uninstall iTunes, then reinstall it. If I can sync with Outlook 2007, the 2003 should be no problem. When you try to sync to Outlook for the first time, it will ask if you want the Phone to overwrite contacts in Outlook or if you want Outlook to overwrite all contacts in the Phone.

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
There seems to be a difference in Outlook 2003 between "Contacts" and "Address Book". There is nothing in my Address Book; all data is in Contacts. Is this the source of my problem? If so, is there a way to transfer everything in Contacts to Address Book?

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Just take out thr sim on the treo, put it in the iPhone then go to Seting/mail, contacts, caleder/ then scroll down to import sim. Once you did that then put back in the sim that cam with the iPhone.

mucio

Jul 19, 2008
Changing sim card really works easy, but you got to remember to turn the phone on, even when the treo 650 it is not able to make calls. Other than that you won't be able to save the contacts on the sim card.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I couldn't do the outlook thing either. After being frustrated all day....I just said screw it, I can type like crazy on the computer. I did the 60 day trial mobile me and typed everything in there. Went to the mail (on iPhone) and added the mobile me account. Then i "synced" it...,and tada there my contacts were. I am trying to see if two phones can run on one mobile me account so that my husband and I can sync eachothers calendars....if we can then I am sticking with mobile me!