Transfer contact

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Suanne, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Suanne

Suanne New Member

How to transfer the contact from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  2. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Back your contacts up to iCloud using the iPhone 4. Enable iCloud services on the iPhone 5 and all of your contacts will migrate to the new phone automatically.

As an alternative if you do not want to turn on Cloud services, your cellular provider or any Apple store will have a utility to move the contacts over to the new phone.

As another alternative, I found an app called My Contacts Backup. It will allow you to backup and export (via email) your contacts. You can then install it on the new phone and import the file.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

There's apps that can back them up too. I used contact lean before. It emails you a copy & all you have to do is open the email & restore them.

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

All your contacts can be backed up to your computer on iTunes as well (on your old phone). Then just restore the backup to your new 5.

As others have stated, an easier way is to just enable iCloud contacts on both devices using the same Apple ID. Your contacts will transfer over automatically.

6. Suanne

Suanne New Member

Thank you so much for all your replies!
    I've finally backed up my contacts using iCloud because didn't know why it didn't work on iTunes...

However, now I want to transfer my contacts from iCloud to my email but it doesn't work :( :(

7. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

To what email client are you trying to import them?

As a general rule using either iCloud or the app I mentioned My Contacts Backup, will allow you to export all of your contacts in a .vcf file. You should simply be able to import that file in the your email client.

8. Suanne

Suanne New Member

I actually want to transfer my contacts to my new Android phone...and I think I need to transfer it to my gmail a/c first...

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator