Transfer music from iPhone to new iMac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Feb 23, 2010
I just bought a new IMac, and had Apple do a data transfer. I apparently didn't mark the form to transfer music, as I didn't think about my music on the new Mac would not contain the music on synching. I can probably take the desktop and IMac back to them for data transfer of music, but is there an easy way for me to do it at home?

whiteghost

Bronze
Jan 31, 2010
Manchester UK
Using iTunes on pc but all I did to transfer my entire library to my desktop from laptop was to use the Backup to disk option !

Under file/ library / backup to disk.

I then used the restore library option on my iTunes on my desktop pc....

Dec 13, 2013
I just bought a new IMac, and had Apple do a data transfer. I apparently didn't mark the form to transfer music, as I didn't think about my music on the new Mac would not contain the music on synching. I can probably take the desktop and IMac back to them for data transfer of music, but is there an easy way for me to do it at home?
Your iTunes library on your old PC has what you need for the transfer, just copy the folder named iTunes over to your new mac and all will be well. To my knowledge, you could never import a phone library into iTunes either on PC or Mac unless iTunes can validate your purchase.