transfer music from iPhone to new Mac

darmac

Dec 5, 2007
ok here's my dilemma. I finally got tired of all the bs with windows vista and bought a mac. I am looking for a program that will transfer my music from my iPhone into iTunes on this new mac. I am an absolute mac rookie so it needs to be easy. I tried senuti but it is for iPods and didn't recognize my iPhone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm a windows guy, so the only method I can think of off the top of my head is to do one of the following:
1) slave the old Vista drive off the mac and copy your MP3 directory over
2) burn it all to CD/DVD and copy it all back in to the mac
3) jump drive transfer.
4) this one should probably be first, but I don't know if vista can do it. cable connect or network connect the two together and pull them to the new PC.

Sorry if they seem like crap solutions, but it's the best I can come up with.

Also, make sure that you grab your profile from the Vista box as well as your backups. It should make things easier on you. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you were on the mac to put them.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
If your iPhone is jailbroken already - just SCP out the contents of the phone's Media folder and choose "Add to Library" from the file menu in iTunes - it'll find everything and import it the best it can.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
If you've basically bought all your songs on iTunes, just go up to: File > Import iTunes Purchases.

If your library isn't from the iTunes store, just SSH into your phone as mentioned above, head into var/root/media/iTunes_Control and copy the Music folder to your Mac. Drop that folder into iTunes and let it sort it out. Delete the folder afterwards if you have iTunes setup to copy and manage its own library.

To SSH in, I use Cyberduck.

PS - Welcome to Mac, I tossed my PC out the window about a month ago and haven't looked back. I'm using VMWare for those moments I do need PC functionality ;)