transfer playlist from iphone to itunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by dito, Oct 10, 2008.

1. dito

dito New Member

is there a way I can transfer a playlist from my iphone to itunes? I tried drag and drop, but it doesn't work! any help appreciated. I need to restore, but don't want to lose my playlist, same playlist on itunes is outdates (I manually manage music on iphone). THANKS!
  2. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot

I don't have an answer for you, but was just curious...when you say you "manage" your music on the iPhone, I assume that you create and edit playlists directly on your iPhone. How do you do that? I can't find how this is done. Is your phone jailbroken?

Thanks!

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. dito

dito New Member

I don't create them on iphone just edit. I start with a playlist (the now outdated one on itunes) and copy to iphone. from there I add/delete on the iphone only (I have "manually manage music/ video" on iphone). now I'm stuck with the playlist I like on my iphone, but not itunes! without matching over 1000+ songs or trying to figure out which ones I'm missing (over 100+) on itunes I'd like to erase the itunes playlist and use the current iphone playlist. PLEASE HELP...
  5. Swagger

Swagger New Member

There is software by Purple Ghost that will do what you are asking. iGadget (Windows and Mac) now supports the iPod touch and iPhone. However, due to the lack of a Notes feature on these devices, only the Music Transfer, Playlist Transfer and Music Listing functions are available when used with the iPod touch or iPhone. Mark
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  6. Marianne

Marianne Moderator

Is your iPhone jailbroken? The only playlist editable on the iPhone itself is the On-the-Go playlist. All other playlists that are synced to the iPhone from iTunes are static and can't be changed on the iPhone directly. I used to have the "manually manage music" box checked for my iPhone, but don't recall any changes to the functionality on the iPhone. :confused:
  7. dito

dito New Member

I just restored and started from scratch...and "unchecked" manually manage music...
  8. dito

dito New Member

WOW! 2 years later... I don't even REMEMBER that problem!
  9. singersara1

singersara1 New Member

Help! my iPhone is jailbroken but I can't create "on-th-go" playlists that I could create on my Nano. How can I create those on my iPhone so I can copy and save the playlists from my iPhone to my iTunes??

Is there a Cydia program I can use?
  10. Captainmarkie

Captainmarkie New Member

So, here's my problem (related) now how many years down the road fm original post:

I have iPhone 4 (NOT jailbroken).

Playlists on iTunes corrupted now (only a few and on them, only a few songs - maybe 500 total - which is a HUGE pain).

Playlist on my iPhone is good, though.

Is there a way to restore ONLY PLAYLISTS from iPhone to iTunes?

Apple? Being their usual a*hole selves, wanting $$ to even discuss it when the problem is NOT with a device, but with iTunes where we've spent probably $3,000 +++ over the years in purchases. YET they don't want to support it without $$$???

Sorry but I'm sick of this mess! I hope someone here can help! Thanks in advance.

CaptainMarkie's wife
  11. Randomman42

Randomman42 New Member

I've been using iCopyBot for years and recently had to rebuild an iTunes library for my partner. and wanted to rebuild the play lists - I was going to go down a laborious route of exporting data to spreadsheets and de-duplicating, but checked the current feature list and, lo, iCopyBot does it all. It was only a few quid, so given your spend in the store it shouldn't break your bank - goto wwwDOTicopybotDOTcom
  12. tyabdv

tyabdv New Member

I use Phoneview. :)