Transfer songs from iPod/iPhone to computer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
my hardrive on my mac broke, what is the best program, free/pay (as long as it's available off the web) to transfer my songs/videos from my ipod to my new mac? thanks

P-one

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
my hardrive on my mac broke, what is the best program, free/pay (as long as it's available off the web) to transfer my songs/videos from my ipod to my new mac? thanks
I need a solution to that problem myself. This is the 3rd time i restored my iPhone and lost all my contacts, you tube favs, calendar plans and such, because my iPhones main computer does not have an internet connection.
I know in this day and age you have to have an internet connection to keep things you have running correctly. But for reasons beyond comprehension I cannot have one put in. So I go use my sisters which doesn't have all of the same files synced to her iTunes (Really sucks to have your files spread throughout dif places).

What I really need is a way to restore my iPhone without an internet connection. I am a believer in the impossible becoming possible. Are there any believers out there?

I need some help with this.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I know Senuti is a free mac program that I've used to copy mp3's from my ipod to my macbook pro. I haven't tried it with the iPhone though.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
That looks really good. It's a little unclear on the site whether or not you can use the software to transfer songs BETWEEN computers, though. If I have a song on my iPhone that my wife wants on her laptop (or my son on his), I wonder if this software will allow that? We now have an external drive where all our new music is kept, but all of us have music that has been downloaded in the past that we are having a hard time transfering...

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
That looks really good. It's a little unclear on the site whether or not you can use the software to transfer songs BETWEEN computers, though. If I have a song on my iPhone that my wife wants on her laptop (or my son on his), I wonder if this software will allow that? We now have an external drive where all our new music is kept, but all of us have music that has been downloaded in the past that we are having a hard time transfering...
Not sure what you mean... Where was the music downloaded in the past that you are having a hard time transferring, on your iPod's/iTunes and PC to PC?

This program is meant to rip your existing songs and playlists either to backup copies to a folder/HD/external HD on your PC or Mac or both in my case, or to transfer songs and playlists directly into iTunes, I did both!

It's extremely useful ;)

J_DiGiTaL

Jul 4, 2008
^^^ can anyone offer a (FULLY FREE) software to transfer music files back to pc from the touch? is there even such a thing? lol

P-one

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
^^^ can anyone offer a (FULLY FREE) software to transfer music files back to pc from the touch? is there even such a thing? lol
Fully Free? I haven't found one yet and i've searched. But for $20.00 there is one called phoneview (http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/) for Mac and another for PC & Mac called TouchCopy also for & 20.00 (http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/). They both work nicely and are life savers when exchanging comps or replacing hard drives. Sorry they are not free. They say the best things life are free. Unfortunately this is isn't one of them. lol Keep searching maybe you'll find something. Or get a friends serial or password. :cool: Peace & Good luck

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
I used a program called ipranks backup utility.....it is totally free and out of over 2.5gig of music I only had to fix the names of 6 songs

search google and you should find it

took me ages to find a fully free one that did a good job