Transfer Video to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by Lon, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

How can a transfer a video to my friend's iPad from my PC? I tried uploading it to Dropbox. He was able to access it and view it while he was online, but couldn't download it and watch it on the airplane trip out of here. Not possible?

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If you download VLC Player you can play .avi files on the iPad. If you use something like Airsharing (turns the iPad into a wireless HD) to put the actual film onto the iPad you should get the option to play via VLC. Worth a shot.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Maybe I overlooked mentioning that he is in Phoenix and I am in Anchorage. I converted the video to mp4 (1.3 gb) so he can view it from Dropbox, but just can't download it onto the iPad.

5. patroth

patroth New Member

Really, VLC is very comfortable. I use it on iPod 3G. And it's when you don't need to convert videos. just drop them via iTunes.

6. skipere

skipere Member
    Bronze

Use goodreader app and access dropbox then u can download it

7. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

hmm, try send by email?
    or upload to YouTube or somewhere, then he download off.

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I use DVD shrink and then handbrake. All my movies were converted to iPod/iPhone format, but when I transferred them to my iPad they look great. Both were free software downloads that I have been using for the last year and a half. The only movies that will not rip so far are Lion's Gate and Disney movies.

9. neochuck

neochuck New Member
    Bronze

I use DVD Shrink, too, but you may also check Xilisoft, iSkysoft and Hamster Soft´s alternatives.

10. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

For those who didn't read the original question, the problem was solved by uploading (mp4) movie to Dropbox and my friend went to the link I sent him with the Dowloads App and downloaded it onto his iPad. The 1.3 gb file took about an hour to download but that will, of course, vary with connection speed.

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

First, this is an old thread;
    Second, if you had read it you would have seen that the issue was resolved;
    Finally, what the heck App are you even relying on? Be specific when posting something you think you know about.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013