Transferring bought songs

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Hi everyone, i was just in the states and i bought an iTunes card. downloaded a few songs. now im back home in canada, and i synced my iPhone and lost the songs i bought and couldnt get them back cause i had orginally sync on my sisters laptop when i firts bought them. however i did buy them from the iTunes wi-fi store on my phone..is there anyway possible of getting these songs back?

thank you

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
only if they're still on your sister's computer. you can have her send them to you via emai, and then add them to your iTunes library. after that, you may have to "authorize" your computer to play your purchased songs if you haven't already.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
by authorize, acosmichippo means you would type in your username and password on the account you bought the songs with
remember that you can only do it on 5 computers so make sure u will be using this computer
my friend already wasted all of his and pretty much lost some cd's

thats why i always buy a hard copy of a cd :)

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
only if they're still on your sister's computer. you can have her send them to you via emai, and then add them to your iTunes library. after that, you may have to "authorize" your computer to play your purchased songs if you haven't already.

perfect thanks a lot, i guess an email is what it takes. it sucks that iTunes cant save the music to your rather rather then the computer itself. would make things much easier

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
that would be an interesting feature
maybe something like steam (for you gamers out there) where the game is tied to the account and you can install the games on any computer

you should be able to log into iTunes from any computer and download all your music again (or missing songs)