Transferring contacts on Android handset to iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,
Can anyone help how to Transfer contacts from android handset to iphone 6 plus ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

zsuki

Bronze
Oct 10, 2014
Can you tell me how is done ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Login on your Google account on your android phone and enable contact syncing. Then go to phone (or dialer, contacts, it's different on each phone), copy all your local contacts to google account. Then open google contact on your computer browser, export all the contacts to vCard format. Then open iCloud on browser and import them.

Sent from Tapatalk

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
If all your contacts are already synced with gmail, which they should be since you're an Android user, just set up your gmail account on your iPhone and enable contacts syncing in settings. That's it.

zsuki

Bronze
Oct 10, 2014
Yup you can also setup you gmail contacts on your iPhone. You can't add google account and enable contact syncing now because google disabled it. just go to settings-mail and add a vCard account

Sent from Tapatalk

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
Yup you can also setup you gmail contacts on your iPhone. You can't add google account and enable contact syncing now because google disabled it. just go to settings-mail and add a vCard account

Sent from Tapatalk
What do you mean google disabled it? Contacts sync just fine for me. I can add a contact on my Nexus 5 and it pops up on my iPhone within minutes.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
If all your contacts are already synced with gmail, which they should be since you're an Android user, just set up your gmail account on your iPhone and enable contacts syncing in settings. That's it.
Thank you both.... I did as per your instructions but there are still no contacts getting synched on iphone. On android it showed as synched with todays date and time.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Thank you both.... I did as per your instructions but there are still no contacts getting synched on iphone. On android it showed as synched with todays date and time.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6407

"...Or when you set up your iPhone for the first time, you can use your existing email account for your Apple ID. During the setup process, you can choose to include any contacts, calendars, or notes that are associated with that email account."

It also talks about using an app to transfer the data. Check it out and let us know what works.

"If you saved your contacts and calendars to your Android phone, you can usually move them to your iPhone with a data-transferring app. Many apps can even transfer your data over WiFi, so you won't need to connect your phone to a computer. You can find several data-transferring apps on the Apple App Store and Google Play store, depending on your country. Here are some examples of data-transferring apps:

Just go to the App Store on your iPhone, find the app you want to use, and install it. If you also need to install the app on your Android phone, download it from the Google Play store. The app will walk you through the steps to transfer your contacts and calendars."

zsuki

Bronze
Oct 10, 2014

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Go to settings-mail/contact/calendar, then add a new account, then don't add a google account directly, instead you click Other, then add a CardDAV account and setup your google account here.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Go to settings-mail/contact/calendar, then add a new account, then don't add a google account directly, instead you click Other, then add a CardDAV account and setup your google account here.
What would be gmail server ? It is asking me to enter server.

Sent from my iPhone 5S