Transferring contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Leo, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Hey-yo.

So I got everything all synced up on my new iPhone 3GS except for contacts. Can this only be done via Backup? My backup was made via the 3.0 Gold version, would that be an issue?

2. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

Did you sync your contacts with any other program such as Yahoo, Windows Address Book etc?

3. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Nope. I'm trying something called "Windows Contacts" right now, though.

4. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot
    Gold

Use Outlook - really easy.

5. Suhaina Vaswani

Suhaina Vaswani New Member

How do I transfer contacts from Nokia PC Suite to my iPhone 4? MS Outlook does not work on my computer.

6. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Open Nokia PC Suite and copy all contacts into the Windows Address Book. Open iTunes, click on your device name on the left column and click on "Info". Click the "Sync Contacts with.." and it should already be on the Windows Address Book selection. Click "Apply" then click Sync to make sure you synced everything to your idevice.

7. FernMcDowellam

FernMcDowellam New Member

hey thnx mate was looking for the info and got it here thank you very much em lovin this forum :)

8. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Anything bro

9. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

If you're a female, excuse me for calling you "bro"

10. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Totally impossible. Bluetooth in iPhone is not intended for data transfer rather for connectivity (i.e. between your iPhone and a Bluetooth headset, etc.). In the best case scenario, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to your car if the system on your car is pbap-enabled.

Use the Nokia PC Suite and instead of syncing to Outlook, select "Windows (Contacts)":

7677973480_43b1c1c8ce.jpg

This will save your Nokia contacts in your Windows Contacts folder in the form of vCard files. You can then import the vCard files from your PC to your iPhone as shown in the video below:

Attached Files:

11. Suanne

Suanne New Member

How to transfer the contact from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5?

#11 Suanne, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  12. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Back your contacts up to iCloud using the iPhone 4. Enable iCloud services on the iPhone 5 and all of your contacts will migrate to the new phone automatically.

As an alternative if you do not want to turn on Cloud services, your cellular provider or any Apple store will have a utility to move the contacts over to the new phone.

As another alternative, I found an app called My Contacts Backup. It will allow you to backup and export (via email) your contacts. You can then install it on the new phone and import the file.

13. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

There's apps that can back them up too. I used contact lean before. It emails you a copy & all you have to do is open the email & restore them.

14. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

All your contacts can be backed up to your computer on iTunes as well (on your old phone). Then just restore the backup to your new 5.

As others have stated, an easier way is to just enable iCloud contacts on both devices using the same Apple ID. Your contacts will transfer over automatically.

15. Suanne

Suanne New Member

Thank you so much for all your replies!
    I've finally backed up my contacts using iCloud because didn't know why it didn't work on iTunes...

However, now I want to transfer my contacts from iCloud to my email but it doesn't work :( :(

16. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

To what email client are you trying to import them?

As a general rule using either iCloud or the app I mentioned My Contacts Backup, will allow you to export all of your contacts in a .vcf file. You should simply be able to import that file in the your email client.

17. Suanne

Suanne New Member

I actually want to transfer my contacts to my new Android phone...and I think I need to transfer it to my gmail a/c first...

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator