Transferring data iPad to iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by Torinate, May 10, 2015.

1. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Hello there.

I have a 32g and a 16g iPad. The 16g one the microphone just quit. No idea why. Wasn't banged or dropped.

I tried to vacuum it out and blow it out without change. I updated to 8.3 and still no change.

So, any ideas?

If I can't fix it, I need to trade the data from one to the other and vice versa. My daughter uses it religiously and NEEDS the microphone. My son, not so much.

They're both at the limit as far as storage but that's ok.

So, what is the easiest way to take the data and Info from one and put it on the other? Is there an "easy way" to trade data between the two?

Thanks!

Ideas for each please.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is it just one app that it isn't working with? If it's Skype, for example, open the Settings app on the iPad and go to Privacy -> Microphone -> Skype -> and toggle it on. It may just have lost access to use it.

If the microphone has stopped working and you want to swap iPads, you can make an iTunes backup of each, restore them and then apply the backup to the other device on each one. I would use iTunes because it's a lot faster.

Another option would be to use iPhone headphones with a microphone instead of the non-working built-in microphone on the iPad.

3. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Thanks.

yes, it's the microphone. Checked the status of each app and they're all on. Siri will work through an external mic / headset. When trying the traditional way, it justifiableness. Same as when recording a video - no sound is recorded. It's disappointing it just quit. My daughter uses the mic often recording videos etc.

Ever heard of a microphone going bad?

I'll have to reduce size of the 32g to try to make it work on the 16g. Don't really want to buy a new one yet...

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, they sometimes go bad. I would make an appointment at the Genius Bar to see if they can repair or clean it or just use headphones with a mic.