Transferring digital copy of DVD to iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'DVD to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch' started by chong, Dec 30, 2008.

1. chong

chong New Member

Hello. I am so glad I found this place! I've had my iPhone 3G for 3 weeks and can't seem to put it down. Very addicting and so much fun to play with.

But now I need some help, please. I downloaded a digital copy of a blue-ray movie to my iTunes and wanted to transfer to my phone but it won't let me. Any suggestions? Any help would be most appreciated!

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

make sure you add the movies to your iTunes library first. then go under your movie tab and check the movie that you just added. Make sure it the movie tab (plug in your iPhone) and not the movie section of the left hand side of iTunes.

3. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

And don't forget you will need to convert the movie to a format the iPhone can read.

4. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

The main format is MP4, and I think MPEG-4 but I'm not sure.

5. Kazakaz

Kazakaz New Member

First make sure the Bluray disc supports iTunes. Pop the digital copy disc in, and the disc should show up as a device in iTunes. It will prompt you to enter the code that came with it, then it will download the digital copy into your iTunes library. I have done this with The Dark Knight and Family Guy Blue Harvest.

If it's not compatible with iTunes, which no Sony movie is at this time, then you need to go the MP4 route. I believe if you select the PSP version, it will put an MP4 version of the movie on your computer. PineApple Express will be the first Siny movie that has iTunes digital copy support.

6. chong

chong New Member

Well, I did what you all have talked about. I checked the movie (Mama Mia) and it does say you can download it on iPod... I installed it in iTunes with the code the movie came with and no problem there. Movie shows up in iTunes library and also in "purchased" area and I do have enough memory left on my iPhone so I'm not sure what the problem is...

7. Kazakaz

Kazakaz New Member

With your iPhone plugged in, go into iTunes, and click on your iPhone. Click on the video tab, and scroll down to movies. Make sure Sync Movies is checked, and that Mama Mia is also checked. That should be all you have to do to get the movie to sync to your iPhone.

8. chong

chong New Member

Well, I found out that the dang digital copy of the movie is "protected". What the...? Now I need to figure out how to unprotect it. I was frustrated because I had no problem with other digital copies (Wall-E, Wanted)...

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a solution? TIA.

9. Kazakaz

Kazakaz New Member

Actually, most, if not all digital copy movies are protected. That shouldn't stop it from going onto your iPhone. As long as it was registered to you iTunes store account, and that computer is authourized to use that content, it should transfer to your iPhone.

10. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

Make sure you're logged into your iTunes account and that your machine in authorized.

11. chong

chong New Member

I have done all these things, logging into my account, authorize my computer.. but still didn't work. Maybe it's the bad disc or something..

Thanks for all the help and input.

12. zeddicusgratch

zeddicusgratch New Member

ok so at first this threw me for a short loop. all that showed in the sync part of iTunes video tab was rented movies and tv shows. i had just put the digital copy of behind enemy lines and the girl next door on there. the format was supported, but it wasn't under the tab.it showed up in the movies tab on the left side of screen under library and in purchased. i finally got it figured out. this is so simple i cant elieve i had an issue. find your movie in your iTunes library. right click and click "get info" then on the tabs click "options" under that go to media kind and choose "tv show" then re sync. should show up on your iPhone/iPod touch under videos and tv show. hope this all made sense.

13. ajh051453

ajh051453 New Member

I no I'm way behing in responding to this but there are programs I personally no will make exact copied of movies. One very good program is DVDXCOPY. It's been around for quite some time and has been upgraded over the years. I no it isn't the solution you were looking for but if you check into you will see that it stores the movie on your hard drive. You do what you want from there. Hope this helps

14. iphone-girl

iphone-girl New Member

hi, the movie i want to copy is in my iTunes but when i go to copy it to my iPhone it says that i'm not authorised for it on my computer. any advice?

15. osmal116

osmal116 New Member

Slysoft AnyDVD and DVDFab HD Decrypter are two programs mainly for dvd ripping, both for protected and upprotected DVDs. Try DVDFab first, which is free , if it does not work , then ask for AnyDVD, the best paid program in the DVD ripping world.

16. Lance Abano

Lance Abano New Member

I've just downloaded a digital copy movie into iTunes, but for some reason its not letting me copy it onto my iPhone. I've tried everything you guys have said and it still doesn't work. any more ideas?

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

What is the format of your video?