Transferring files to Time Capsule

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
picked up a Time Capsule today...i got it going as my wireless router and i'm backing up as i write this. i want to transfer files from an external hard drive to the TC, but i imagine i need to wait until the backup is complete. should i not be using the internet until it's done?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it should be ok to use internet while it's backing up... although having used my time capsule for about 4 months, i would not recommend using it. It has been WAY too finicky for my liking. Just about every Airport update killed my network (three times), which also forced me to re-do the painstaking initial Time Machine backup. Not to mention the times i was just altering a few settings, and i had to restart the damn thing about 10 times before it would work again. good idea on paper, but in practice...

i recently got a cradlepoint router (which is now my main router), and i'm just using the TC as a severly overpriced networked hard drive.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, good luck with it. at least i can probably give you some pointers if you have similar issues.