Transferring Movie Trailer onto iPhone

Av8r

Jun 30, 2007
I downloaded the trailer from iTunes, but can't seem to figure out how to move it onto the phone. Any ideas?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It is there

If you downloaded the trailer for iPod, then it is in your Podcast library. When you first sync the iPhone, go to the Podcast tab, select your trailer in that window and "Apply".
If you downloaded a larger trailer and saved in on your HD, then you have to import it in the iTunes library.

alpinelegacy06

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
the trailer should be in the movie section of iTunes, then check the "sync movies" box in the video tab of the iPhone screen, then check the trailer from the list given, then click sync at the bottom right.

Av8r

Jun 30, 2007
Thanks gentlemen. It was under "podcasts". I was looking under "movies". I'm a little disappointed with the quality though. I was expecting it to be sharper with better colors.

abronon

Jul 5, 2007
i don't know about iTunes

i don't know about movies being transferred onto the iPhone
but ive mainly been using my datapilot software to transfer contacts pics etc. from my old nokia. here's the link:
www.datapilot.com
www.datapilot.com/iPhone

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
make sure sync is selected and hit apply also make sure that your video is checked off

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Better quality?

The iPod version of the trailer is only 320x136 pixels. Download a larger version of the trailer, i.e. the medium one 480x204(13MB) on your HD and import it in iTunes (then it will be under "MOVIES") and it will be a lot sharper. It's true for any iPhone movie: the quality should be better than the one required for Video iPod movies since the screen resolution is better.

Av8r

Jun 30, 2007
The iPod version of the trailer is only 320x136 pixels. Download a larger version of the trailer, i.e. the medium one 480x204(13MB) on your HD and import it in iTunes (then it will be under "MOVIES") and it will be a lot sharper. It's true for any iPhone movie: the quality should be better than the one required for Video iPod movies since the screen resolution is better.
I tried, but it is saying that the format is not supported by iPhone. The only ones that work are the ones that say ipod.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oops, sorry to say so

But you got to open the movie with quicktime, then export to .MP4, then add to iTunes library and it will work, I promise...