Transferring music from old iPhone to iTunes/new iPhone?

Manders85

Nov 4, 2011
southern CA
I have an old 3G 8GB iPhone that has music on it that is NOT in my iTunes library. Is there any way to get these files into iTunes without making a cluster eff out of what I already have on there & on my 3Gs? Thanks in advance.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've got an old 3G 8GB that was hooked up to iTunes on my OLD laptop.
I've had a 3Gs for about a year now, but that is hooked up to iTunes on my NEW laptop.
Is there any possible way to get the music from the old iPhone and iTunes onto my new phone & iTunes?
I hope that makes sense.
SharePod will get the music from your old phone to your iTunes library and then you can sync it onto your new phone. It's free.
http://www.getsharepod.com/download/

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Don't worry Rugaby will be there soon enough to the rescue ........
Welcome to the the forum
Not quite sure how to take that. Lol
I am here however comma I completely agree with what Europa said.
SharePod will get the music from your old phone to your iTunes library and then you can sync it onto your new phone. It's free.
http://www.getsharepod.com/download/
I have used it to get music from an old iPhone into my iTunes account. Worked well.

Manders85

Nov 4, 2011
southern CA
Another question. Once I get it all transferred into iTunes, how come it doesn't show up under the tab "Music" but only under "Recently Added" under the Playlist section?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Another question. Once I get it all transferred into iTunes, how come it doesn't show up under the tab "Music" but only under "Recently Added" under the Playlist section?
If I recall it is because you don't actually own those songs in the eyes of iTunes. There is a work around for it. Might try syncing those songs to your device and then unsyncing ( yes made that word up) them an seeing what happens. Also try moving them to the music area and or playing them.