transferring music

Nov 23, 2007
Help Please!
Can anyone tell me how to transfer music from my computer hard drive to the iPhone?
Thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, import whatever media you want on the iPhone and pop it into iTunes

Sync up.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You trying to mess with his head? That's mean! :p

I'm sure you meant vice versa
No, actually. Read it again and you'll get it.

I mean that he needs to find the songs that he wants to be on his iPhone, and then import them into iTunes. (Read Slowly.)

- John

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
All right, this shouldn't be as hard as it seems. I just recently purchased my iPhone and I'm trying to add music from iTunes. With an IPod, it was as simple as dragging and dropping into the device. Why with an iPhone, the only way you can seem to sync it is if you sync playlists or your entire library. Is there something I'm missing here? Also what are the benefits of unlocking an iPhone?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah unfortunately you have to sync all of your music to upload it to your iPhone and you cannot drag and drop.

unlocking your phone just means that you can use it with carriers other than AT&T

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The iPhone doesn't allow for manual management of the music on it (at least I haven't seen the check box for it). What you can do instead is just make a playlist that you drag and drop and the music to and sync only that playlist with the iPhone.

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks

Thanks guys, that sucks though. You figure you're paying way more for an iPhone, you should get the same convenience as the ipod. Oh well...

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
well you can select what songs you want sync you just have to have the setting on to sync only checked songs then just check what ones you want to sync but no drag and drop like the ipod

Aug 25, 2011
Can someone please tell me how to transfer my music from my iPod touch to my computer? To free up some space on the iPod hard drive.

Aug 25, 2011
Thank you for the help and the link, I now understand how to transfer my music.

kaser123

Feb 12, 2012
If you still got your problem solved, give a look at sharepod. It is a freeware application that helps you transfer ipod music and photos back to computer.:)