Transferring of the iPhone Phonebook

S

Starry

I have a new stereo Pioneer AVIC-D3 and I want to transfer my Phonebook to my car... but it WONT work.. does anyone know a way around it or what I should or could do?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have a new stereo Pioneer AVIC-D3 and I want to transfer my Phonebook to my car... but it WONT work.. does anyone know a way around it or what I should or could do?

Thanks in advance
I think that system is the 15GB in-dash GPS system that costs about $600

So your question is the Phonebook contacts?

This is a bluetooth machine, so the iPhone should connect. If not it may be to new of equipment for it to work. I know some cars are coming online to accept the iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Phonebook? You mean those 300 some Contacts you have? :p

Seriously though, I don't think I even know that many people. And even if I did, I couldn't remember all of their names to put into my iPhone.. speaking of which, you must have on helluva 'Other' section iTunes with all those people. :p

- John

S

Starry

I think that system is the 15GB in-dash GPS system that costs about $600

So your question is the Phonebook contacts?

This is a bluetooth machine, so the iPhone should connect. If not it may be to new of equipment for it to work. I know some cars are coming online to accept the iPhone.

It connects to the Bluetooth without any problems.. There is an option to transfer the phonebook so I can search a name or number and it is on my display without having to look with my phone and then talk through my car.
As far as 15in.. heck if I know it's a 7 in touch screen LOL
I'm SO NOT the gadget girl but I'm learning :)

S

Starry

Phonebook? You mean those 300 some Contacts you have? :p

Seriously though, I don't think I even know that many people. And even if I did, I couldn't remember all of their names to put into my iPhone.. speaking of which, you must have on helluva 'Other' section iTunes with all those people. :p

- John
I work in the Real Estate field... LOL I have TONS of contacts :)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
No the 15 is gigabits as in storage capacity, consider your iPhone has 8GB.

NOw the gadget sees your phone, so that is good, so have you transferred the phonebook yet?

It connects to the Bluetooth without any problems.. There is an option to transfer the phonebook so I can search a name or number and it is on my display without having to look with my phone and then talk through my car.
As far as 15in.. heck if I know it's a 7 in touch screen LOL
I'm SO NOT the gadget girl but I'm learning :)

S

Starry

No the 15 is gigabits as in storage capacity, consider your iPhone has 8GB.

NOw the gadget sees your phone, so that is good, so have you transferred the phonebook yet?

C'mere let me smack you on the tush.. that's what I'm asking silly goose.. HOW do you transfer it... I hit the button on the radio and he says to hit the transfer button on the phone.. uh.. there isn't one :(

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
C'mere let me smack you on the tush.. that's what I'm asking silly goose.. HOW do you transfer it... I hit the button on the radio and he says to hit the transfer button on the phone.. uh.. there isn't one :(
Then the Pioneer is not compatible with the iPhone

Also I just read that this unit fries the battery here is the link from Apple.

So you should take it back, also you always have to change disks for the navigation. Sorry.:eek:

S

Starry

Then the Pioneer is not compatible with the iPhone

Also I just read that this unit fries the battery here is the link from Apple.

So you should take it back, also you always have to change disks for the navigation. Sorry.:eek:

I don't have the IPod part... and I use the headphone jack and the hole thing on the front of my stereo if I want to hear the ipod music. So I rarely use navigation unless I need too and I usually keep it in the CD drive and use the radio or my iPhone for music :)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I don't have the IPod part... and I use the headphone jack and the hole thing on the front of my stereo if I want to hear the ipod music. So I rarely use navigation unless I need too and I usually keep it in the CD drive and use the radio or my iPhone for music :)
its not going to work without the iPod unit ( That part does the syncing between the iPhone and the Pioneer ) Thus that will fry the phone, and without that iPod unit it is not going to work...take it back.

Jan 12, 2008
not debating the iPod issues, but both my cars have built in Bluetooth. I've only set up my iPhone on my car, and once it 'paired' it automatically transxferred the phonebook. Did the same with my raze, but I tried a blackjack and could not get it to transfer the phonebook. Sounds like your radio's Bluetooth is just not fully compatible with iPhone

S

Starry

not debating the iPod issues, but both my cars have built in Bluetooth. I've only set up my iPhone on my car, and once it 'paired' it automatically transxferred the phonebook. Did the same with my raze, but I tried a blackjack and could not get it to transfer the phonebook. Sounds like your radio's Bluetooth is just not fully compatible with iPhone
Ya know... Tinman doesn't send my Pidgeon and y'all are giving me bad news.. :( OH I wanna cry :( LOL

Thanks y'all

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Hi starry. I work in mobile electronics. As far as ive seen, the iPhone will not transfer contacts to any Pioneer bluetooth unit. Pioneer just doesn't support the same profile as the iPhone. you CAN use it and pair it, just no contact transfer. Also, it may not automatically pair when you turn the key on (i have a pioneer 9800BT, and it doesn't auto-pair). I do know however, that the alpine IVA-W205 (which requires the removable Blackbird to have navigation) works very well with my iPhone... Automatically pairs AND sync's the contacts. So if returning the equipment is an option, the alpine may be the better route for you.

S

Starry

Hi starry. I work in mobile electronics. As far as ive seen, the iPhone will not transfer contacts to any Pioneer bluetooth unit. Pioneer just doesn't support the same profile as the iPhone. you CAN use it and pair it, just no contact transfer. Also, it may not automatically pair when you turn the key on (i have a pioneer 9800BT, and it doesn't auto-pair). I do know however, that the alpine IVA-W205 (which requires the removable Blackbird to have navigation) works very well with my iPhone... Automatically pairs AND sync's the contacts. So if returning the equipment is an option, the alpine may be the better route for you.

Wow Nick... Thank you so much I'll look into that system! I appreciate your input!

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Your welcome. feel free to PM me if you need any more help on the subject, if its a product im familiar with im happy to do it :)

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007

Thanks in advance

Off topic. How is that avic d3 im getting one soon, have you had an problems with it so far with the iPhone or anything in general?

S

Starry

Off topic. How is that avic d3 im getting one soon, have you had an problems with it so far with the iPhone or anything in general?

Not ONE problem at all.. It syncs to the bluetooth as soon as I get in the car, the GPS system gets me where I'm going. I can play my iPhone Ipod through the headphones if I use my GPS and want to listen to music other than the radio. I do wish however it had more cd space or a HD on the system itself. And I really wish I could transfer my phonebook. If Apple allows the transferring of our phonebooks to our audio systems in our cars it'd be everything I need :) LOL

Dec 29, 2008
I also own a D3 in my Z and it worked excellently with my old phone but is not fully compatable with my iPhone it will not autoconnect and you can not push the address book, hopefully Apple will do a firmware update but until then you will need to use contact list in your phone. Also the individual above is correct the ipod cable for the D3 was made for the old Ipods which ran on 12.3V or somthing like that, the iPhone runs on 5V so you will fry your battery if you hook it up. The iPhone will tell you if you hook it up to a unconpatible charging device.