Transferring ordinary audio CD song(s) to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Little-Acorn, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Member
    Bronze

We have a lot of older audio CDs with music my wife and I like. We bought them, paid for them, the whole thing.

Is there any way to transfer some (or all) of the songs on those CDs, to out iPhone 3GS's so we can play them just like songs we bought on iTunes?

Maybe some special software on a desktop PC that can "translate" them? Or even just playing the thing on a CD player, have the iPhone "listen" somehow, and save it?

Might be a dumb question, sorry. But that's what you get from newbies like moi.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Just open iTunes and insert a CD into your computer. When I do this iTunes automatically asks me if I want to import the CD into my music library. I'm not near my computer right now and I can't remember where all the menu options are but you can set your import settings to adjust sound quality vs file size if hard drive space is an issue. Also, you can set whether or not iTunes automatically copies the new music files to the iTunes media folder. If you have any more questions I'm sure other folks will be along to help. I'll be happy to give more info once I get home and am sitting in front of my computer. You might also google "import CD's to iTunes." The Apple help pages are also helpful. :)

3. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Member
    Bronze

IT WORKED!

Thanks you, Kadelic! :D

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Glad to help! :cool: