Transferring photos from iPhone to computer help needed

1. ErinR76

ErinR76 New Member

I don't understand the sync function. it wants to put the photos on my computer, onto my phone. I don't want that. I just want to put the pics from the phone onto the computer, then delete the pics from the phone.

I thought it would be logical to open the phone and view the contents. But only 1003 photos are in the folder, compared to 1413 on my phone. where are all the rest of the pics? Can someone please help? LOL
  2. talon90

talon90 Member Bronze

The only photos that you can view from the phone on the PC with the phone connected are the ones in the camera roll (and your photos steam if you have it installed on your computer). Your additional photos and folders would need to be sync'd.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Mathew Connelly

Mathew Connelly Member Bronze

Just sync your iPhone with iTunes after having set the photos sync folder from the Photos tab. This will move your iPhone photos to your PC. You can then delete the photos from within the iPhone.

Unfortunately, some things are not very logical with iTunes - the photo sync is one of them. Hopefully with the coming of the new version (possibly by the end of November), this function will get straightened out.
  5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot Gold

I turned off iTunes automatically opening up in my iTunes settings. When I plug my phone in it takes a minute & a box pops up with a list of things I can do & one is transferring photos to my pc.
  6. JIS

JIS Member Bronze

Use iPhoto. Download the pics from your phone that way.
  7. JIS

JIS Member Bronze

Use iPhoto, iTunes will not download pictures from your camera to your computer.