Transferring Photos? With iTunes? Any way without?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeeGawGadgetGuy, Nov 19, 2008.

1. GeeGawGadgetGuy

GeeGawGadgetGuy New Member
    Bronze

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately for me this laptop is about dead.....mobo being replaced tomorrow.....

I have 4 GB of pictures that, due to my inattention, have not been backed up in any way shape or form:mad:!

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to transfer these to the iPhone?

Additionally, is there any other way to transfer files to the iPhone without iTunes? It is not that I dislike iTunes (well yeah I kinda don't...LOL) but is there some sort of an interface to accomplish this?

Also, if installed via iTunes, how hard is it to delete all of the photos once they are on the phone? Do you have to go through each picture?

Thanks a bunch...I know this is probably pretty simple but I just seem to be 'not getting it' this afternoon....LONG cruddy day at work!

2. ADDam

ADDam Member
    Bronze

This may be a better option if you can swing it...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8368893&type=product&id=1177718176494

Can you burn them on a CD? But to answer your question, I don't know any better ways to xfer to the iPhone (Unless you were on a mac). After you have them all on your phone, to delete them from your phone just un-click the "Sync Photos" Button and it will ask you if you want to remove all of them.

3. GeeGawGadgetGuy

Bronze

ADDam,

I can burn them to CD's but that would take a long time (but perhaps my best option as I have a couple hundred blank ones laying around). Unfortunately I do not have any DVD's on hand tonight or I would go that route.

I am currently putting them on a flash drive as you suggested (mine is only 2Gb) and then moving them to a desktop.

The un-click for Synch photos I will attempt in a bit...never tried it before. I am not really a fan of iTunes and would love it if there were an easier way than having to go through it every time because it seems to take forever and a day to run the dang thing.

Regards,

:)

4. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

when i move photos from my iPhone to my computer i just plug in my iPhone click on computer, then click the iPhone under that then highlight all the pics i want to move, then move them to my selected folder

i don't know if this helps you but its how i move them and its faster that way

5. GeeGawGadgetGuy

Bronze

llrickman.....are you using a PC?

6. energybell

energybell New Member

Follow the given steps below to transfer pictures form your computer to iPhone.
    Step 1: Connect your iPhone with computer and run iTunes.
    Step 2: Select your device from left panel under “Devices” section
    Click on Photos
    Check the “Sync Photos from” check box and click on drop-down menu to Choose a pictures folder from computer that you want to transfer to iPhone.
    Finally click on Apply or Sync button.

When iTunes finish the syncing process.
    Open Photos app from iPhone to view pictures that you have transferred from computer to iPhone.

7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

You can use Dropbox..... There is ever a dropbox pc service that can run on your box. I do this about once a week. open my Dropbox App and load my newer pics.