Transferring Photos

Shlov1

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
As a rookie with the iPhone I was trying to move some photos to my phone last night. When I am in iTunes it only gives me the options of moving an entire folder of photos. Is there a way to just transfer random photos from multiple folders or do I need to make a separate folder for only those I want to transfer. also, how do I delete those photos? I can seem to find an edit button when I see my photo folders. Thank you.

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
As a rookie with the iPhone I was trying to move some photos to my phone last night. When I am in iTunes it only gives me the options of moving an entire folder of photos. Is there a way to just transfer random photos from multiple folders or do I need to make a separate folder for only those I want to transfer. also, how do I delete those photos? I can seem to find an edit button when I see my photo folders. Thank you.
I created a new folder and copied duplicates of the ~1000 photos that I wanted on my iPhone. To add or delete pics on the iPhone... just add or delete pictures from that folder and resync.

The iPhone just keeps a copy of whatever you keep in the folders that you choose to sync. Note that the pics in my folder on my PC are all duplicates... so I can delete to my hearts content without losing the originals.

/Jim

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I do about the same as Jim. I'm not sure how syncing the photos works if you enable the iPod for disk use but I think you still have to transfer over all of the photos from a particular album.

Sweetie

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
US
Are you creating a new folder in your my pictures on your computer or in iTunes? Is there a way to move picture that are on my iPhone to my computer in preparation for my 3gs?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Are you on Windows or the Mac? If you are on the Mac use iPhoto which lets you select which photos to import and deletes them after import. I'm not sure about Windows.

Jan 17, 2013
If you connect and select your iPad on the left-hand side of you computer's iTunes then you can use the Photos tab on the right-hand side to sync photos. If you've already synced photos to the iPad and you want to keep them on there then you need to inc;ude them in the sync as only the most recent photo sync remains on the iPad - not including them in a subsequent sync is how you delete them from the iPad.

iNotes4You

Bronze
Dec 8, 2012
GERMANY
iNotes4You.com
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1358606029.162996.jpg

iTunes is a possible solution. Apple's app Photos has limited functionalities.
From my pont of view the best app for managing photos is SAFETY P+V.
All the things you want to do with images you can do with this app.
(1) Direct transfer from one device to another in the the same WiFi network
(2) Fetch from camera roll
(3) Transfer to camera roll and photostream
(4) Send to PC via iTunes File Sharing
(5) Set a password for the app
(6) Organize in folders
(7) Copy, Move and E-Mail photos
(8) Take photos from with in the app
Because your photos are stored in the app's folder they are automatically backed up in iCloud.