Transferring pics back to iPhone camera roll

Fnashbar

Jun 9, 2008
As I'm struggling to transfer my pictures back to my 3g iPhone's camera roll using iTunes, I'm having to email them back. However, when the iPhone receives them it displays the pictures as a blue icon with a question mark through it! How will I be able to view the actual pictures?

Many thanks.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What you need to do is make a specific folder in your My Pictures folder. I call mine iPics and I have another called wallpapers.
In iTunes, after I connect my phone, I go to the Photos tab, Check "Sync Photos from"
And point to your My Pictures folder.
then select the button for Selected Folders, and then below, put a check in the ones you want to sync.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What you need to do is make a specific folder in your My Pictures folder. I call mine iPics and I have another called wallpapers.
In iTunes, after I connect my phone, I go to the Photos tab, Check "Sync Photos from"
And point to your My Pictures folder.
then select the button for Selected Folders, and then below, put a check in the ones you want to sync.
To expand on this a little, I have a folder called iPhone pics. Within this folder, I have subfolders of which wallpaper is one. This way I can check "Sync Photos from" and then hit "all photos".
Test.jpg

Fnashbar

Jun 9, 2008
If I do that, a window pops up saying it won't allow me to have both the pictures from 'my pictures' folder and the new folder I've created on the iPhone!?

Feb 19, 2009
This is just a guess at the solution but since I can open up my phone and drag/drop the pictures into my documents, does that mean you can also just drag/drop the pictures back into your phone when you open up the folder (i.e. don't do this on iTunes)?