Transferring pics from iPhone 4 to iPhone 3G

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
I have an album on my iPhone 4 containing about 850 pics that I would like to add to my wife's iPhone 3s. I do have 2 separate iTunes account on my imac and the pics are on my iTunes account.

What would be a good way to accomplish this?

May 22, 2010
Use Windows (go to My Computer and then on your iPhone) to copy your pics into a folder on the computer. Then configure her phone in iTunes to sync this picture folder.

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
thanks for the reply but do you know a similar method for a mac?

May 22, 2010
I don't have a MAC ( yet... ) but I think that would be similar...

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You will have to go to the pictures location in finder. Once there copy out the photos to a folder. Then move it to your wides iPhoto and you'll be able to sync them. That's about the best way I know unless you point both iphotos to the same photo storage.

saige1r

Bronze
Mar 12, 2010
Is your iPhone 4 synced with iPhoto? Is the folder you want to put on your wife's phone in the same folder in iPhoto? If so, just plug in your wife's iPhone, go to the photos tab, hit sync photos, select the folder and sync. Then, she'll have all the same photos in the same folder as on your iPhone. Hope this helps.

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
There's an app I can't remember the name of(?), that allows files to be transferred between iPhones on the same WIFI network. Wonder if that would work? Would probably cost a few bucks, but might be useful in the future if you have more than one iPhone in the family. Just a thought.

PS- The app is called Air Sharing.

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
Thanks to all for helping me solve my problem. I finally was able to transfer the pics following what saige1r had written. Going to look into the app air sharing for next time.