Transferring songs/movies from iPhone to Computer, how?

Discussion in 'Windows PC and iPhone' started by S-Man, Sep 18, 2008.

1. S-Man

S-Man Member
    Bronze

So once again I tried to update my iPhone on my PC laptop to v2.1 and I get an "unknown error 13" and am unable to use my phone after that and it will not restore.
    I took my phone to my brothers house and it restored fine over there. While I was there, I copied his library of songs and ripped DVDs to my iPhone.

I need to get these items off of my iPhone and onto my Hard Drive before I sync from a backup on my computer to restore my contacts and photos etc.

Anyone know how to do this?

P.S. I authorized my computer with his iTunes account and when I go to "transfer songs" it ejects my iPhone and acts like it was never connected. WTF!:mad:

2. iPhone-v2

iPhone-v2 New Member
    Bronze

Here I come as a saviour:cool:.... Download i-funbox (its free) and it will open you iPhone file system without jailbraking it. then go to iPod music and video through navigator on left side. select the songs or any thing you want to copy to you PC. and then click on Copy to PC on top ..... Its as simple! I personally tried to copy one song just to make sure it works.

let us know what happens?

3. S-Man

S-Man Member
    Bronze

You know that guy in the movies who rolls up one second after his friend gets capped in the back of the head by the guy hiding in his house whom guy #1 knew was there but could'nt get there in time to warn his friend?
    It's kind of like that.

Earlier this evening, I said to myself, screw it, I'll just get the videos and crap from my brother later. I went ahead and tried to sync my phone, but it keeps coming up with an error saying that the phone has been disconnected in the middle of the sync. I have to disconnect it and re-connect it to re-start the sync. I think its my gay computer. *GRUMBLE!*

(Thanks for your efforts though, I'm definitely going to check that out)

4. trick z

trick z New Member

dude, totally works. not as if you really needed to hear it, but just in case... you are a f*cking geniuuuuuus <3 i dub you "Senor Savior" welcome to the x-men lol

5. spikedfo

spikedfo New Member
    Bronze

I copied the whole music folder from iPhone to computer :p

6. cliffjenkins

cliffjenkins New Member

but does it work for mac?

Does the ifunbox and the other solution mentioned work for mac as well?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Welcome to eiC cliff. :)
    iFunbox is for Windows only.
    You can use Senuti (iTunes spelled backwards) on a Mac.
    http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

8. honronsz

honronsz New Member

Switch your iPhone setting to manually manage music on your regular computer first, then youll be able to add anything without losing it, this can be made on the main panel that first appears on iTunes when you plug in your iPhone.
    If the videos were purchased from iTunes then simply syncing your iPhone will transfer the videos.
    To transfer videos that you had taken from the phone then they would be in the DCIM folder where your photos are all stored, look out for your videos.
    And there are some tutorials about transferring iPhone files to computer easily, pls try to refer them:
    For PC: How to transfer music/songs from iPhone to PC
    For Mac: How to transfer iPhone music/video files to Mac OS
    Hope that can help you.