Transparent dock help

x4x5x1x

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Wyandotte Mi
www.myspace.com
i just updated to 1.1.3 and jb'ed with ziPhone and now im having some trouble. i downloaded all my old apps, including customize. i was setting it up like i use to by choosing the transparent dock from customize well...nothing happens. the default dock stays there. yet anytime i turn on the theme docks in smbprefs they work just fine. please help me out this is driving me nuts, not be able to figure this out.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
i just updated to 1.1.3 and jb'ed with ziPhone and now im having some trouble. i downloaded all my old apps, including customize. i was setting it up like i use to by choosing the transparent dock from customize well...nothing happens. the default dock stays there. yet anytime i turn on the theme docks in smbprefs they work just fine. please help me out this is driving me nuts, not be able to figure this out.
I had this same problem and I ended up using a work around I thought up. I deleted Customize because it never worked for me on 1.1.3. I then installed Mobile Finder. I then navigated to the Summerboard theme I wanted to have a transparent dock, which luckily already had alternate docks included with the theme. One of the alternate docks was a transparent one. So I used Finder to change the name of the alt dock to the active dock and voila... done.
I had some other themes that didn't include an alt dock so I simply used Finder to copy and paste the transparent dock from one theme to the other.
Hopefully this made sense, if not, let me know and Ill try to clarify.

H

Hayesimus

well you could also manually go in and upload a transparent dock to replace the standard one in the iPhone's library. That is if you wouldn't mind not having it for good. I replaced mine entirely. I hated that dang thing. :p

Apr 16, 2008
www.myrepospace.com
I think you need to install a 1.1.3/1.1.4 Customize/Summerboard fix.

its located in Installer, you just have to look around.