Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I feel it's stealing plus when I tried to it couldn't work when I sync my iPod to my computer it updates it to the newest version... And I don't know how to use it
Jailbreaking is not stealing nor is it illegal. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to jailbreak. Most of us do it to allow full access to the device for theming and installing legal, but unapproved apps and tweaks. Jailbreaking does void your warranty, but that's a non-issue - just restore to stock prior to taking it in for an exchange or repair that is covered under the warranty.

You do not have to update to new firmware when it is available. Just decline the update until a new jailbreak is released.

Sep 6, 2010
I feel it's stealing plus when I tried to it couldn't work when I sync my iPod to my computer it updates it to the newest version... And I don't know how to use it
You aren't stealing services by jailbreaking. There are paid apps as well as free ones in Cydia that you can download. Also, you do not sync your iPod with iTunes in order to jailbreak. There is currently a jailbreak available for the newest iOS version for the iPod 4 so you shouldn't have a problem. I am at work right now, and don't have my jailbreak links available to post here. However, maybe someone else can, or you can read through some of the threads in the jailbreak section of this forum. I know there is a lot of good info here related to jailbreaking.... Good luck. :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You can use Redsn0w RC16 which can be downloaded here for Mac and here for Windows. Alternatively you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.7, it's a Windows only jailbreak tool, you can download that here.

These tools are self explanatory, easy to use and work well. Also they both jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3.3 un-tethered.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 19, 2011
Jailbreaking is not stealing nor is it illegal. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to jailbreak. Most of us do it to allow full access to the device for theming and installing legal, but unapproved apps and tweaks. Jailbreaking does void your warranty, but that's a non-issue - just restore to stock prior to taking it in for an exchange or repair that is covered under the warranty.

You do not have to update to new firmware when it is available. Just decline the update until a new jailbreak is released.
Oh so do you have to pay for games on cydia too?

May 19, 2011
You aren't stealing services by jailbreaking. There are paid apps as well as free ones in Cydia that you can download. Also, you do not sync your iPod with iTunes in order to jailbreak. There is currently a jailbreak available for the newest iOS version for the iPod 4 so you shouldn't have a problem. I am at work right now, and don't have my jailbreak links available to post here. However, maybe someone else can, or you can read through some of the threads in the jailbreak section of this forum. I know there is a lot of good info here related to jailbreaking.... Good luck. :)
Paid apps on cydia?

May 19, 2011
You can use Redsn0w RC16 which can be downloaded here for Mac and here for Windows. Alternatively you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.7, it's a Windows only jailbreak tool, you can download that here.

These tools are self explanatory, easy to use and work well. Also they both jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3.3 un-tethered.
Is there a jailbreak available for an iPod touch 4th gen version 4.3.3

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Some packages on Cydia are free others aren't, some you will have to pay for.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh so do you have to pay for games on cydia too?
Apps that aren't approved by Apple and available in the App Store (for various reasons) are available in Cydia. There are hundreds of apps and tweaks in Cydia and many of them add functionality and improve the user experience. Others allow you to change the way the phone looks. A few examples are apps that allow you to edit and apply themes, wirelessly sync with iTunes, and provide quick access to settings toggles. Like the Apple App Store, some of them are free and some are paid.

Some people jailbreak to install pirated Apple App Store apps. Discussing means of obtaining these apps is not allowed on this forum. I'm not implying that this is what you were asking about, I only mentioned it because I needed to differentiate the two types of apps, legitimate and stolen.

May 19, 2011
Apps that aren't approved by Apple and available in the App Store (for various reasons) are available in Cydia. There are hundreds of apps and tweaks in Cydia and many of them add functionality and improve the user experience. Others allow you to change the way the phone looks. A few examples are apps that allow you to edit and apply themes, wirelessly sync with iTunes, and provide quick access to settings toggles. Like the Apple App Store, some of them are free and some are paid.

Some people jailbreak to install pirated Apple App Store apps. Discussing means of obtaining these apps is not allowed on this forum. I'm not implying that this is what you were asking about, I only mentioned it because I needed to differentiate the two types of apps, legitimate and stolen.
Oh okay.... So there are some apps on Cydia that aren't in the app store