trasnfer Contact question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

greeky83

Jun 27, 2007
Soo I just set up with yahoo to have yahoo contacts but I don't have any saved on my comp. How do I get the contacts from my iPhone to save on the comp to yahoo contacts? just in case anything happens its like 500+ and don't feel like typing them all again lol

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Soo I just set up with yahoo to have yahoo contacts but I don't have any saved on my comp. How do I get the contacts from my iPhone to save on the comp to yahoo contacts? just in case anything happens its like 500+ and don't feel like typing them all again lol
Well you can go by AT&T and take a flash drive and they'll load a file onto the flash drive that you should be able to import into your yahoo account. If you have a motorola GSM phone like a RAZR or SLVR, you can use Motorola Phone Tools, but it's not a free program.

ctigera

Jun 26, 2007
Ft Walton Beach, FL
I got the flash drive the first day and they exported my contacts to a file. I was never able to get it to import onto my iPhone. I tried several different ways and it never worked. I ended up just typing my contacts into Outlook and letting it sync up.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I got the flash drive the first day and they exported my contacts to a file. I was never able to get it to import onto my iPhone. I tried several different ways and it never worked. I ended up just typing my contacts into Outlook and letting it sync up.
You're not supposed import that file to your phone, you're supposed to import it into outlook or outlook express.;)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
If you DO have a Motorola phone, I can help you with the program you need.
As ColsTiger mentioned, it's not free. It will make the initial transfer of all your files / contacts / other stuff from the phone to the iPhone, as easy as possible. Once you get everything over to the iPhone, it's ALWAYS easy. lol

Just PM me if you need it. Heck, if ANYONE needs to sync Motorola stuff to iPhone, and don't have the appropriate software, PM me.

ctigera

Jun 26, 2007
Ft Walton Beach, FL
I tried to import it through Outlook, didn't work. I tried to convert it then import, still didn't work. No biggie, I spent twice as much time being stubborn and trying convert and get it in the phone as I did just typing it in, lol.