Traveling to India

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
I'm leaving to India tomorrow and i want to use my iPhone there. I don't need the phone service but i do want to use WiFi. Is there a way to turn off Edge and phone features but still use wiFi. If i did want to use edge for internet access and the phone service anyone knows how much it would cost.
thanks

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
No idea on the cost (call AT&T). There is no way to "turn off" Edge, but you can disable Data Roaming, which should at least prevent you from inadvertently using that instead of WiFi. Settings-General-Network.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm leaving to India tomorrow and i want to use my iPhone there. I don't need the phone service but i do want to use WiFi. Is there a way to turn off Edge and phone features but still use wiFi. If i did want to use edge for internet access and the phone service anyone knows how much it would cost.
thanks
Information for costs in India on AT&T

Roaming:
Calls Placed/Received
While in India AT&T Standard International Roaming $2.49AT&T World Traveler $2.29AT&T Canada $2.49AT&T Mexico $2.49Data Usage:All GPRS pay per use rates are $.0195/KB Text, Picture and
Video Messages:
Send Text Message$0.50 per message sentSend Picture and Video Messages$1.30 per message sentReceive Text, Picture and Video MessagesHome pay-per-use or package rates apply to all text, picture or video messages received when roaming internationally. Please visit www.att.com for details.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
yikes , $2.49 per minute?
i'll just use the Wifi, thanks for the info.