Traveling to Jamaica...what do I do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

missysdad

Jun 28, 2007
hey guys, I've tried to get a hold of att but was on hold for 30 Min. I am wondering about the rate plans and if I can just use wifi while in there. I don't want to be charged for people calling me and leaving me voicemails. Any att people out there have any advice? Thanks for the help.

digitalfx

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hey guys, I've tried to get a hold of att but was on hold for 30 Min. I am wondering about the rate plans and if I can just use wifi while in there. I don't want to be charged for people calling me and leaving me voicemails. Any att people out there have any advice? Thanks for the help.
enjoy the ganja and don't worry about anything...no problem man.

call att and add international roaming...its $5/mo (cancel when you get back- but wait at least 2 weeks because some calls take awhile to show on the bill)
then calls are like $1. minute

good news...Jamaica is GSM, so your Cingular coverage will be decent.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
enjoy the ganja and don't worry about anything...no problem man.

call att and add international roaming...its $5/mo (cancel when you get back- but wait at least 2 weeks because some calls take awhile to show on the bill)
then calls are like $1. minute

good news...Jamaica is GSM, so your Cingular coverage will be decent.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Enjoy Mon!

missysdad

Jun 28, 2007
Its only $5 a month? I didn't know it was that cheap.
That's right. Once i got through they told me its like 5.99/mo for calls being 1.69/min. or 1.99/min. without the international calling. (go figure). I could care less about calling people while there (will be too busy at the pool bar drinking dirty bananans). I am more concerened with having the ability to wifi pics to flickr. Main thing is that I don't want to be charged for people calling me and leaving me voicemails.

I went last year, and att (cingular at the time) told me not to turn on my phone and I'll be okay; but, if i turn on my phone and not even use it but get called and have voicemails, I'll be charged a per min. fee.

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Just a heads up, I know what they say the price of the calls is supposed to be, but I made 20 minutes worth of calls from Jamaica and my bill was $150 more than normal.