Treating a wet iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RazHarush

Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys!

I went to the swimming pool this week and accidentally dropped my iPhone 4 there... I quickly researched the web and found an interesting article with instructions

My iPhone is still laying in the rice and I just wanted to see if there's anything else for me to do and when should I try turning it on.

Thanks,

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Europa has the right idea. Waiting a week after putting the phone in a zip-lock type bag with a cup of rice is the best first step. You have nothing to loose by waiting a week. If it works after the week's wait then you are money ahead. I have used this method three times and it has worked two out of the three. The advice given at the website you described is good advice to follow. Good luck with it.

Jan 9, 2013
Wow! Cool tip about using rice to solve water droppings. Thanks a lot! I found this forum while searching for something else but it looks like there's other interesting stuff as well.

Aug 31, 2010
I dropped mine in my dog's water dish about a month or so ago and left it in rice for 3 days. It had a few glitches at first but works 100% now. Mine was only in the water for maybe 2-3 seconds so I would follow everyone's advice re: a week since it sounds like yours was submerged for longer. Did you pop the SIM card out?