Treating a wet iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by RazHarush, Jan 10, 2013.

1. RazHarush

RazHarush New Member

Hey guys!

I went to the swimming pool this week and accidentally dropped my iPhone 4 there... I quickly researched the web and found an interesting article with instructions

My iPhone is still laying in the rice and I just wanted to see if there's anything else for me to do and when should I try turning it on.

Thanks,

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'd keep it in rice for a week.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Europa has the right idea. Waiting a week after putting the phone in a zip-lock type bag with a cup of rice is the best first step. You have nothing to loose by waiting a week. If it works after the week's wait then you are money ahead. I have used this method three times and it has worked two out of the three. The advice given at the website you described is good advice to follow. Good luck with it.

5. Pradolesity

Pradolesity New Member

Wow! Cool tip about using rice to solve water droppings. Thanks a lot! I found this forum while searching for something else but it looks like there's other interesting stuff as well.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

#6 chris, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. bigdyck

bigdyck New Member

went fice fishing guy dropped his iPhone in the lake was in there for 14 hours fished it out put it by the wood heater for 4 hours and it fired up no problems

8. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

I dropped mine in my dog's water dish about a month or so ago and left it in rice for 3 days. It had a few glitches at first but works 100% now. Mine was only in the water for maybe 2-3 seconds so I would follow everyone's advice re: a week since it sounds like yours was submerged for longer. Did you pop the SIM card out?