Treegloo hardcover notebook case for iPad 2 - just ordered

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by Marianne, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

I just ordered a custom Treegloo case for my iPad 2 today. This is a hardcover notebook-style case like the DODOcase, Portenzo, etc. I've had both the DODOcase and Portenzo cases for my iPad 1 but I wanted to try TreeGloo out this time since they offer some different customization options.

Here are the options that I chose:
    Frame Finish: Natural with Accent
    Accent: Red Suede
    Cover Color: Epic Black
    Liner Color: London
    Liner Type: Classic with Camera Port

There are magnets embedded in the case's cover so that it wakes/sleeps the iPad just like the Smart Cover.

Total cost for these options was $57.50 + $12 for shipping. I plan to use this as my "travel" case for when I leave the house with my iPad. Around the house, I have a DODOcase BookBack rear skin on it and a Smart Cover.

I'll report back when I receive it. It should ship in 7 to 10 businesss days.

2. StevenRiley

StevenRiley New Member

After much research I decided to order a cover for my IPad 2. I choose to go with Treegloo Products. They stated it was 2-4 weeks on their website. I placed my order and paid on May 4th. My confirmation email on my order from Treegloo Products thanked me for my order and also stated that my order would ship within 2-4 weeks. So 2 weeks from that date would be May 18th. I am not one of those people that start calling and bothering a company at the 2 week point. The 4 week point would be June 1st. I emailed Treegloo products than and ask for an update on my order. They emailed me back and stated that my cover would ship between June 7-8th. Will the evening of the 8th had come and I had not heard back so once again I emailed them. They emailed me back and apologized and said they would expedite my shipping when my order was shipping. They stated that my order would ship between June 16-18th. This is now 6 ½ weeks from my order that was suppose to ship in 2-4 weeks. Will it is now June 20th and I still do not have a product or shipping information. I emailed Treegloo and asked for a full refund due to their lack of ability to supply my order in a timely manner, based on their delivery dates. I was ok waiting their initial 2-4 weeks but I am not willing to wait any longer. The responded with “Your book and frame is complete and is pending final assembly. Your case will be shipping out as expected.” I do not know what they mean by expected. I expected this by June 1st. They still have not supplied me with any shipping information. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I would highly recommend ordering from someone anyone else.

3. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Wow. I'm sorry to hear you had such trouble with Treegloo. It did take a little longer to receive my case than expected based on the lead times posted when I ordered my case but it arrived within 4 weeks of ordering it. I have read many other experiences like yours on other sites, though – it's clear that Treegloo is having a lot of trouble keeping up with orders and/or delivering them when promised. I wouldn't necessarily warn people away from Treegloo because of the delays they're experiencing (which is easy to say since I already have my case, of course), though.

In the end, I am fairly happy with my Treegloo case. It looks nice and works well but isn't as tightly constructed as the DODOcase or Portenzo cases I had for my iPad 1. I would buy from them again, particularly since they offer some options those other case makers do not.

4. StevenRiley

StevenRiley New Member

My concern for others is based on their lack of support. I can not judge their quality since I have not seen one or mine. They did not keep me updated until I asked when their promise time passed. This happened multiple times and now they are not even giving a time frame. I have no information but they have my money.

5. Nancyrose

Nancyrose New Member

I am having the same problem with treegloo. Still haven't received order from October. No response from emails sent. Can't even find corporate phone number or address on Internet. What is going on!