Tri-Tone SMS Tone

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I like this sms tone but I would like to make it louder. Does anyone have this tone in mp3 or mp4 format? I want to edit it but I can't convert .caf to .mp3 or .mp4. Thanks.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I couldn't get the stock tones to play on my mac, it kept asking me to sign in to my Apple account each time I tried to play it. Weird.

Caf is just an AIF file renamed.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I couldn't get the stock tones to play on my mac, it kept asking me to sign in to my Apple account each time I tried to play it. Weird.

Caf is just an AIF file renamed.
I could not conert AIF files to mp3's or mp4's too. Is this not possible?

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
iTunes will not let you play these tones.

Apple and their copy-protected tones.
If I’m not mistaken I think that QuickTime pro might be able to do this (possibly convert it to mp3’s). Problem is I don't have that.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
What do you mean? The reason why I want to convert this to mp3 or any other meadia besides .aif of .caf is so that I can edit it and make it louder. Hopefully someone will be able to do that. Thanks for helping out guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What do you mean? The reason why I want to convert this to mp3 or any other meadia besides .aif of .caf is so that I can edit it and make it louder. Hopefully someone will be able to do that. Thanks for helping out guys.
That's not the original AIF... you can convert it to whatever you want in iTunes, or you can just rename it to whatever SMS.caf you want. I already made it pretty loud. If you want it louder let me know.

You do know that an MP3 is a compressed WAV or AIFF and needs to be decompressed before editing anyway, right?

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
That's not the original AIF... you can convert it to whatever you want in iTunes, or you can just rename it to whatever SMS.caf you want. I already made it pretty loud. If you want it louder let me know.
There seems to be something wrong with the link you gave me because I don't can't open it.

You do know that an MP3 is a compressed WAV or AIFF and needs to be decompressed before editing anyway, right?
Yes I do:laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Last edited by a moderator:

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Didn't mean to sound condescending, just wanted to make sure.
Don't worry bout it.:laugh2:

What program are you editing with?
I got 3 softwares that I use.
1. Audio editor (forgot what version)
2. Nero 8's audio editor
3. Forgot the 3rd one.

I got a lot just because i've been getting new ones and never held on to my ols ones. I think I like nero 8 because you can do a lot.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
A lot of folks like Audacity, and that's free also. I haven't used it but it gets good reports on thoroughness of features without being overly complicated.

I use Pro Tools at home because of my line of work, so if you need something made up I can do it pretty easily for you. Just let me know.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
A lot of folks like Audacity, and that's free also. I haven't used it but it gets good reports on thoroughness of features without being overly complicated.

I use Pro Tools at home because of my line of work, so if you need something made up I can do it pretty easily for you. Just let me know.
I'll do that. I just need to think of something.:)