Tribute to Steve Jobs

avin7000

Bronze
Jun 7, 2011

Steve Jobs was one of the people who changed the world. He changed our lives. World would have something different if there were no Jobs, Woz, Gates, Paul Allen, Linus etc. These people's contribution are precious & they are like Einstein, Picasso of our generation.
I couldn't believe when I first got a sms from friend. I thought it may be just another prank. Usually after waking up, first I check my emails & latest news. And it was a big shocker to me, as whole web was filled with news regarding Steve with grief.

He was true visionary, showman, patient, hardworking, perfectionist & a great leader. Just see how it was changed after launch of iPod, iPhone & iPad. 20 years ago he changed way people think about personal computer, now about cell phones. He had true passion & intuition.

He was the crazy one,he was the genius. You guys could love him, hate him but you couldn't ignore him because he changed things. He pushed the human race forward. And when some people thought he was crazy most people saw him as a genius.
He was the real pirate of silicon valley. Fact is Apple never invented anything. If you see Apple's video, you hear words saying "Apple re-invented". Yes, RE-INVENTION. That's what Apple did. There were music players before iPod, there were touch phones before iPhone & there were tablets before iPad. [Yes, they were really !]. But here's what power of Steve comes. The charisma, the shownmanship & the way he presented iProducts to the world, can anyone do that ? The CEO who had courage to stand on stage & present to the world. All he did just was, putting all things rightly.

The power of invention is not invention it self, it's invention of ideas, of concept, of vision.
And yes, he was arrogant, ruthless & few things he has done are unforgivable [Woz, Lisa to name few]. But let's not troll about it instead. After all, he wasn't any saint, a simple human being with white & black.

His life is so inspiring & I think he knew he was going to die soon. That's why he lived most of his life.

Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important....

Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked.

There is no reason not to follow your heart.

-Steve Jobs.
I hope most of you have already saw standford commencement video. Above lines were said in the end of speech. He was undergoing liver transplant while making iPad.

He will be remembered generations ahead and whenever we look at touch devices, he will come to our minds.

He inspired me very much & I had tears when I found out the news. I couldn't believe. Just couldn't.

I have made following site in tribute to Steve Jobs. I want to collect every damn video, document & photos related to him & store them on the site.

http://sagaofstevejobs.com

I don't know much about HTML & I tried to make it in HTML5. [One of Steve's vision if you ask me. :) ] I started this thread in another forum & a fellow member also helped me :)

How can you help ?

1. I am sure many of you know HTML and it will be really great if you help me building the side. I have ideas to create slideshows, stream videos, lightboxing images etc. All will be done in HTML5. It'll be great if you help me building the site as I am total n00b in html & html5.
2. And also, you can help me, by sending any rare videos, documents, images you come across. It'll be great.
3. Share the page if you liked it. And also like FB page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Steve-Jobs-You-will-be-missed-badly/257723374271166

Thanks in advance :)

PS - I cannot pay for this & also I am not going to generate any revenue. NO ADS AT ALL. Just to clarify things, got a PM about this.

@mods - thread can be thrashed if considered as spam.

Last edited by a moderator: