Tricks to get around 3.0's.... Beta-Ness

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
So I have iPhone OS 3.0 as I'm sure many of you do, and there are certainly bugs in it. The most annoying ones I've experienced are with the iPod. I really hate not having the iPod being able to be used.

Problem: Sometimes if you open iPod and then immediately try to flick the songs it will freeze up and the home button won't take you back to springboard

Solution: hold home and power button at the same time until asked if you want to turn off the phone, say cancel, then hit the home button.

Problem: Sometimes opening iPod will just show a white screen then exit back to springboard and restarting the program (or even restarting the phone) won't cure it.

Solution: I find that sync'ing my iPhone with my computer fixes his problem

Problem: Maps freezes up and even restarting the app (or the phone) does not fix the problem.

Solution: I have to restore the phone as a new phone (huge pain in the ass, if you have another fix please post!)

I hope these are helpful, and also if you have a problem and have a little trick to get fix it, please post!

Dec 17, 2008
PA
So what your saying is,its acting like its Jailbtoken. Lol

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I find that Google Maps is unbearably slow if I come back to it after closing while it's showing directions between two places. If you leave it on search, it's much less flaky when you open it.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I fixed google maps by doing a hard reset (holding home and lock for 8 seconds)