Tried to put Beta software on my iPhone...

tvdc

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Paid to have my UDID added to a developer account but gave up with all the updating of iTunes and what not. However, now iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone.

Have tried changing USB ports and reinstalling iTunes but nothing, iTunes and my iPhone are no longer talking.

Any help putting this right would be greatly appreciated.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If I'm not mistaken, tvdc, merely registering your UDID with a developer sets you up, phone-wise, to receive or an expectation to receive, the beta releases. I have a feeling that your iPhone and/or iTunes is sort of "waiting" for you to install the latest beta on it.

What exactly do you mean by 'gave up'? Did you actually install v8.2 iTunes? You have to do that in order to install beta4. Did you begin the before install and get in a state with a magenta iTunes screen? If so, you need to finish the install by clicking shift/restore (Win) or Opt/restore (Mac) and select the beta .ipsw file you got from your dev (or wherever). They say that once you go beta you can't go back, although some have been successful. Good luck!

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
You can drop back to 2.2.1 or whichever you want. Just need QuickPwn to kick it out of DFU mode. I know when I went to install iTunes 8.2 it took a while, it kept checking and rechecking things, but eventually installed.