Trillian Astra iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Anyone try it? I just installed Astra on my home computer, and will probably try it on the iPhone tomorrow...

https://www.astra.im/iPhone/

you have to have an Astra account (if you're a Pro user, you should probably have gotten the invite already)

S

sshockey

I have used it. Its not the best app but it gets the job done. I can't wait till Apple releases an iChat app. I love the iPhone, but I thought Apple would of released applications quicker then what they have.

From my iPhone
Scott

S

sshockey

apolloIM might be the best, but I haven't modded nor do I plan on modding my iPhone. Astra is a very good application to use for use that have not modded the iPhone.

Scott

Aug 20, 2007
does anyone know if there is a trillian/adium/meebo etc type app for iPhone yet. I'm assuming MobileChat or ApolloIM will have this eventually though.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well I did end up trying it and found it a little pokey. I'll continue to skip the web-based apps for IMing. AIM-to-SMS works fine for me.

*Fingers crossed* that a real iChat comes out soon (not interested in mods/hacks).

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I can't find an app that does what I need so I end up having to use two differecnt apps. First I use MobileChat, cause I want to have a native app running. My only real complaint with MobileChat is that it doesn't remember my user name and password if I get logged out. For a second from and my other AIM id I use Jivetalk http://iPhone.beejive.com I would love to see this as a native app, as it so far is my favorite IM web based client. I really want to like ApolloIM but I can't keep it connected like MobileChat and Jivetalk. Almost every time I pick my phone up to check and see if I got messages, I see the disconnected warning with Apollo. I know all apps are a work in progress, and I can't wait to see a nice and easy to use Apple IM app, but for now, I guess having to use two apps is what I got to do

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
really? i thought that all the app, apollo, mobilechat so forth used sms? Can we get some comfirmation on either please guys.

neurovurt

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
"There’s no shortage of instant-messaging options billed as ideal for the iPhone, but up until now unless you’ve wanted to pay AT&T for an SMS message each way then you’ve been forced to use a web-based client. Now, though, there’s a very early beta of the iPhone’s first native IM client, Apollo IM, to be excited about."