Trillian Astra iPhone

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Anyone try it? I just installed Astra on my home computer, and will probably try it on the iPhone tomorrow...

https://www.astra.im/iPhone/

you have to have an Astra account (if you're a Pro user, you should probably have gotten the invite already)

S

sshockey

I have used it. Its not the best app but it gets the job done. I can't wait till Apple releases an iChat app. I love the iPhone, but I thought Apple would of released applications quicker then what they have.

From my iPhone
Scott

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
apolloIM is the best option out right now. i do wish Apple would release ichat. maybe it'll come with the iTunes wifi update, but i doubt it.

S

sshockey

apolloIM might be the best, but I haven't modded nor do I plan on modding my iPhone. Astra is a very good application to use for use that have not modded the iPhone.

Scott

Aug 20, 2007
does anyone know if there is a trillian/adium/meebo etc type app for iPhone yet. I'm assuming MobileChat or ApolloIM will have this eventually though.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well I did end up trying it and found it a little pokey. I'll continue to skip the web-based apps for IMing. AIM-to-SMS works fine for me.

*Fingers crossed* that a real iChat comes out soon (not interested in mods/hacks).

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I can't find an app that does what I need so I end up having to use two differecnt apps. First I use MobileChat, cause I want to have a native app running. My only real complaint with MobileChat is that it doesn't remember my user name and password if I get logged out. For a second from and my other AIM id I use Jivetalk http://iPhone.beejive.com I would love to see this as a native app, as it so far is my favorite IM web based client. I really want to like ApolloIM but I can't keep it connected like MobileChat and Jivetalk. Almost every time I pick my phone up to check and see if I got messages, I see the disconnected warning with Apollo. I know all apps are a work in progress, and I can't wait to see a nice and easy to use Apple IM app, but for now, I guess having to use two apps is what I got to do

Aug 20, 2007
mundu is great, but again it's web based, we are looking for native apps.

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I really like apollo when you don't mind usin yur sms, and beejive is good for those who want to get around usin sms. As far as ichat, i really don't mind usin apollo, afterall....

Modding is safe and fun!
:) :) :)

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I really like apollo when you don't mind usin yur sms, and beejive is good for those who want to get around usin sms. As far as ichat, i really don't mind usin apollo, afterall....

:) :) :)
apollo uses edge / data.

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
really? i thought that all the app, apollo, mobilechat so forth used sms? Can we get some comfirmation on either please guys.

neurovurt

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
The only program that uses SMS is SMS

IM programs connect through data, and send data.

neurovurt

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
"There’s no shortage of instant-messaging options billed as ideal for the iPhone, but up until now unless you’ve wanted to pay AT&T for an SMS message each way then you’ve been forced to use a web-based client. Now, though, there’s a very early beta of the iPhone’s first native IM client, Apollo IM, to be excited about."