Trouble activating iPhone

dos_2004

Feb 18, 2008
i have a problem i just got my phone today because i bought i from ebay w/ the firmware on it but i cant seem to get the phone part to work i connected it to the comp but no activation screen

jtesnani

Dec 11, 2007
with such little information it's really hard to help. what firmware is it running now. What week is the phone (4th and 5th digit from your serial number); what state is your phone in? is it usable and just not detected by iTunes? is it getting signal when you put a sim in? is it unlocked? is it jailbroken? etc

brl21680

Jul 11, 2008
If you had the old iPhone I figured out a way to activate it because I have tried through iTunes so much. Ok here is how you activate the iPhone. Go to this link and download the iPhone server v1.0 then run the application once running connect your new 3g iPhone in and it should activate the phone for ipod and wifi use only. Once this is done remove the sim card and then take your sim card from your working iPhone and put it into your new 3g phone and it should work. There is a bug with the gps that I couldnt figure out can anyone help with this