trouble setting up an email account

dr_john

Aug 23, 2008
Thing is, it's a gmail account but it's for a college so it ends in @pride.hofstra.edu rather than @gmail.com I've been having a lot of trouble with setting it up, because setting it up via the gmail option doesn't work, and when I go to other and try and set it up as a separate POP account, I don't know the correct incoming and outgoing server information..I used the typical gmail info but it didn't work i.e pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com Any help greatly appreciated!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thing is, it's a gmail account but it's for a college so it ends in @pride.hofstra.edu rather than @gmail.com I've been having a lot of trouble with setting it up, because setting it up via the gmail option doesn't work, and when I go to other and try and set it up as a separate POP account, I don't know the correct incoming and outgoing server information..I used the typical gmail info but it didn't work i.e pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com Any help greatly appreciated!
You will have to get the correct incoming and outgoing server info for it to work.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
you need to speak with somebody from your school and get the server info