Trouble synching Outlook

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

topshotta

May 21, 2007
I have all my contacts under the contacts tab - I choose outlook as the synch with option. It synchs, but no contacts appear on the iPhone. I was able to synch it with Yahoo, but my Outlook is the one that I want to synch with.

dscales

Jun 30, 2007
You need to use Windows Address Book to synch your contacts. Export your contacts in Outlook to a csv file. Then import into WAB. Then tell your iPhone to synch with WAB in iTunes and it will all work fine.

With calendar, you can't synch with Outlook. It just won't work. You're going to have to use an online calendar like Yahoo or Google.

I'm very sad about all of this because I really thought I would be able to synch with Outlook 2003 or 2007 and I'm finding out there are MANY people with the same problem. Apple tech confirmed this last night.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
You need to use Windows Address Book to synch your contacts. Export your contacts in Outlook to a csv file. Then import into WAB. Then tell your iPhone to synch with WAB in iTunes and it will all work fine.

With calendar, you can't synch with Outlook. It just won't work. You're going to have to use an online calendar like Yahoo or Google.

I'm very sad about all of this because I really thought I would be able to synch with Outlook 2003 or 2007 and I'm finding out there are MANY people with the same problem. Apple tech confirmed this last night.

I'm running XP with outlook express, and I never exported anything.
I just synced my SLIVR, then synced the iPhone. I never had to export to a WAB file or anything.

ItoGator

Jul 3, 2007
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. This may sound basic, but did you tell iTunes that you want it to sinc w/outlook? In the info tab of iTunes, while your iPhone is docked, there is a button to check for "contacts". In that, I listed outlook as my contact site. It worked perfectly for me. I hope this helps

dscales

Jun 30, 2007
This guy over at the Apple forum figured it out

Yes but Outlook 2003 disables one of the add-ins which causes Outlook to crash when you load program. Then the add-in is disabled and you can't enable it just by selecting the box in tools>other>advanced>com add-ins because it won't happen.It just keeps unchecking itself.
Here's what to do: with outlook open go to "about Outlook" You'll see a button "disabled components" under that will be the offending iPhone addin. RE-enable it. Then do the manouevre I mentioned in second sentence. Then sync iPhone and all contacts, calendar etc will sync to phone. BUT the next time you start up Outlook it will tell you that the addin causes a serious error and will disable it. I guess we will have to enable it each time we want to sync for now -Microsoft had no idea (nor did Apple) after several hours on support lines. God only knows when and who will fix this. This seems to work for now however.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. This may sound basic, but did you tell iTunes that you want it to sinc w/outlook? In the info tab of iTunes, while your iPhone is docked, there is a button to check for "contacts". In that, I listed outlook as my contact site. It worked perfectly for me. I hope this helps

Same for me linked my contacts and calendar with no problem

paigeboyer

Jul 7, 2007
I am having the same issue!

I am so frustrated, because I have 2 iPhones on 2 computers both running XP and Outlook 2003, one works the other doesn't. I spent an hour with Apple and 3 hours with Microsoft and no one can do anything (or takes responsibility for the compatibility issues). I did move the contacts to the Windows address book, but what about the calendar?

paigeboyer

Jul 7, 2007
who is going to fix it?

Who is going to fix this problem? Apple or Microsoft?

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007

The quickest way for you guys to fix your Outlook problems is to run to the Apple store and by a MAC...;)

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
2 iPhone sync to outlook

I can sync to outlook 2003. I got calendar and contacts working. However, I am intersted in syncing 2 different iPhones to the same outlook. I can do this in iTunes for music with 2 separate playlists and it sork perfectly. But for some reason, in iPhone info sync tab I can not click on selected groups. I have created separated calendar and contact folders in outlook, but iTunes does not allow me the option of selecting a specific folder. All my syncs go to the same place - the default calendar and contacts folder.

rick283

Jul 7, 2007
I was able to sync calendar and contacts from Outlook 2007 without issue. Now, if only I could get my mail to sync...