Trouble syncing to address book

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
Just got my iPhone up and going. It syncs up just great to everything except my address book. I am on a Mac G5, and have made sure the address book is checked for syncing in iTunes. After erforming a sync, the contacts section is empty on the phone.

Any ideas?

(and yes, I did a search before asking such a lame question!)

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
An idea: I don't recall where I saw the suggestion, but it seemed to apply to your situation.

Open iSync. (Yes I know we use iTunes, but this was what worked) Select Preferences, then Reset Sync History.

There's a generic Apple doc about it here.

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
An idea: I don't recall where I saw the suggestion, but it seemed to apply to your situation.

Open iSync. (Yes I know we use iTunes, but this was what worked) Select Preferences, then Reset Sync History.

There's a generic Apple doc about it here.
Well, I just tried that, and no luck. This is frustrating because I know it has to be something simple, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I also noted that the calendar is not syncing either, which pointed me towards the iSync trick again.

Thanks for your help JnC, and I am still open to more suggestions.

El Porto

Jul 11, 2007
Well, I just tried that, and no luck. This is frustrating because I know it has to be something simple, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I also noted that the calendar is not syncing either, which pointed me towards the iSync trick again.

Thanks for your help JnC, and I am still open to more suggestions.
I am having the same issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hector

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
BTW iPhoneatlas.com is iPhone Safari optimized... try opening the page with your phone. I think it's run by the same folks who run MacFixIt.