Trouble transferring number over

Jun 30, 2007
anyone having this problem? trying to port over my existing sprint number to my iPhone and have entered all the correct information, but iTunes says number cannot be transferred over and provides no reasons.

have been through a billion AT&T reps, and they claim they have no idea...

2 other friends of mine through different carriers are having the same problem with their iPhones too.

HELP!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
anyone having this problem? trying to port over my existing sprint number to my iPhone and have entered all the correct information, but iTunes says number cannot be transferred over and provides no reasons.

have been through a billion AT&T reps, and they claim they have no idea...

2 other friends of mine through different carriers are having the same problem with their iPhones too.

HELP!
I ported (2) Sprint numbers over tonight without a problem. Restating the obvious, but make sure you use dashes when it asks for your phone number. Also, make sure you have your Sprint account number correct. My Sprint account number was in the format XXXXXXXXXX-X.

Good luck.

-Chris

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
I did one as well... Watch those dashes...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yes sir I did...
Wanted to make sure I was giving the correct info. It's been a long day and I'm a bit delirious. All the excitement and lack of sleep catching up.

-Chris

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
i had the same problem...couldnt take it anymore so i just got a new number...

nhowe

Jun 30, 2007
any answers

I am having the problem as well.. I have a sprint account... no dashes in my account number, tried with dashes in phone number and without doesn't work... Im on hold with Apple right now...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

-Nate

Jul 1, 2007
still having troubles porting the number

ima having the same problem porting over from nextel, so i opened a new account with the new att and then called them and they said they cant port my number over... what i don't understand is why customer service closed at 9pm saturday knowing people may be having trouble with the iPhone... does anyone know what to do if you've opened up an account with the iPhone and still cant port over your number through custermer service?

nhowe

Jun 30, 2007
got mine working

Mine number wouldn't transfer through iTunes... heres what they had me do.

Get a brand new number then call 888-898-7685 which is the direct contact for the phone # transfers dept. They took care of it for me no problem, so now my original sprint # works now.

Hope this helps

Nate

DMilliken

Jul 1, 2007
I tried to transfer a number from a Verizon account that I opened in Pennsylvania to my New York billing address. After many calls I found out they can't transfer numbers across different states. So, if you're porting, give the address that was used to activate the original account and set up a new billing address, unless it's from a different state- you need to create a new account with a new number.

ClarkKent724

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Nashville, TN
Mom lives in Ohio, I live in Tennessee, and I have an Ohio number. We are on verizon and I am the only one switching to AT&T. During activation, should I just sign up for a new number (TN number) through AT&T or can I keep my same number? Thanks.

DMilliken

Jul 1, 2007
Mom lives in Ohio, I live in Tennessee, and I have an Ohio number. We are on verizon and I am the only one switching to AT&T. During activation, should I just sign up for a new number (TN number) through AT&T or can I keep my same number? Thanks.
The AT&T rep told me they can't transfer numbers across states, but if you want to try, enter the Ohio address first when activating, and select the checkbox to enter a different billing address, then give your Ohio address for billing.

ClarkKent724

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Nashville, TN
Thanks for the info. Now will there also be a place where I have to enter a Verizon account number? I'll probably have to get that from my Mom.

fabiola

Oct 9, 2007
does AT&T disable your sprintg account for you?

Wondering if AT&T will contact Sprint to disable the account for you? Do you just then get a final Sprint bill in the mail (I'll be charged an early termination fee, but oh well I hate Sprint!)

I ported (2) Sprint numbers over tonight without a problem. Restating the obvious, but make sure you use dashes when it asks for your phone number. Also, make sure you have your Sprint account number correct. My Sprint account number was in the format XXXXXXXXXX-X.

Good luck.

-Chris