Trouble with an app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
I got an app myfitnesspal and it was working fine on my jailbroken iPhone 4 for verizon. now it doesn't open when I click it. I tried re-installing it from iTunes, even did a restart after. Any ideas on how I can get this app working again? I wanna get this app working again because it's faster then using their website to enter all my stuff in.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
It might fix it. There's no way to tell before doing it, as so many things can cause apps to not work or to stop working. Especially when you are jailbroken.

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
Well i broke down and did a restore. It fixed the problem with that app but now I can't get Waze to open, it gets stuck at the initalizing screen :( I dunno what to do next

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
Did you rejailbreak?

Did you restore from backup or set up as new?
I restored as new and then jail broke again, out of habit. I don't use many jail broken apps so maybe I just need to do the restore again an not jailbreak.. Are you thinking the jail break is causing the issue?

TheJustPull

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
I just did the fresh restore and am attempting to download now. I'll start with that one fist, then the original issue app. I can live without the jailbreak if i need to,I really only used quicked reply.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
And if you now apply the jailbreak, do they stop working again? Make sure to take it one step at a time; check that both apps still work after you jailbreak, and then again after you install quick reply

You'd risk having to clean restore again if it breaks. But if it does break, you'll know the cause.