trouble with setting up emails

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jam75944

Aug 25, 2007
HI ALL!

finally got my iPhone! I am having trouble setting up my email accounts..yahoo worked no prob. When I try gmail or an additional email such as hotmail I get this:
"cannot connect using ssl. Do you want to try setting up the account without ssl" Than I try without ssl and I get "the POP.gmail.com is not responding.....

What does this mean and how do I fix this.

thanks all!

jam75944

Aug 25, 2007
Goto settings, mail, your account, advanced, then make sure incoming uses SSL is set to off. Try that and see if it works.

nothing, no luck. DO I use imap, pop, or exchange to set up a hiotmail account?
Can I find step by step instructions on setting up email accounts?

thanks!

jam75944

Aug 25, 2007
ok, with a little research I found out you cannot have a hotmail account with the iPhone..however my gmail account still does not work...."pop.gmail.com" is not responding.

anyone else experience this?

Kipper

Bronze
Do u have the correct password set for both incoming and outgoing? On the account settings do u have the correct path under mail server host name? I have a verizon POP acct. and mine is "incoming.verizon.net" to give u an example. Just trying to pinpoint where this problem is for u.

jam75944

Aug 25, 2007
Do u have the correct password set for both incoming and outgoing? On the account settings do u have the correct path under mail server host name? I have a verizon POP acct. and mine is "incoming.verizon.net" to give u an example. Just trying to pinpoint where this problem is for u.
fixed gmail! thanks!
still annoyed I cant get hotmail!