trouble with software update

aceruland

Jul 30, 2013
My son updated his software (he has an iPhone 4) but the phone is now running very slow and some functions don't work. He tried to system restore to a date previous to the update but he got a message while trying to system restore which said the firmware could not be restored. Any suggestions? Thanks!

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
The latest firmware for iPhone 4 is 6.1.3 and if he upgraded from an earlier version he cannot roll back because the restore process checks with Apple, and they don't allow older versions to be installed (they don't sign it any longer).

Elaborate on the specific problems and perhaps someone here can help.

aceruland

Jul 30, 2013
The latest firmware for iPhone 4 is 6.1.3 and if he upgraded from an earlier version he cannot roll back because the restore process checks with Apple, and they don't allow older versions to be installed (they don't sign it any longer).

Elaborate on the specific problems and perhaps someone here can help.
He updated to 7.0 using an Apple software update but is not a beta tester.......it has really slowed down his phone and he wants to scrap the 7.0 and return to 6.1.3. I read about a possible fix which involves putting the phone in DFU mode and doing a system restore through I-Tunes with the phone in DFU mode.....any experience with that and will that work?
thx