Troubles syncing unlocked iPhone with iTunes

Ceci

Mar 2, 2009
Hey! I was hoping that one of you guys could help me resolve this issue since i have no clue what is going on..

I have an unlocked iPhone 3G (2.0.2) that I have earlier been able to sync with iTunes no problem. I used to insert the original sim, avoid updates, and it seemed to be working fine. Lately I had some trouble with my mac and so ended up reformatting the software and reinstalling programs. I cannot remember which version of iTunes it was I was using earlier, but the one I have now is iTunes 8.0.2. Somehow I am no longer able to sync with my iPhone. What happens when I connect it is that it starts transferring only a couple of songs before I get a message saying "Attempting to copy to the disc "iPhone 3G 8GB" failed. The disc could not be red from or written to". This happens every time I try and it will not let me transfer the music. I don't understand this message especially since it already took a couple of songs, and it seems to have been working fine earlier. Does this problem have to do with my iPhone, or is it because I am using a new version of iTunes? iTunes gives me the option of updating my iPhone software to 2.2.1, but if I do this, will I not lock my iPhone at the same time? It also gives me the option to restore to original settings if experiencing problems, but I assume this will do the same, and relock my iPhone?
If anyone would know what to do with this I would be very happy to hear it!
Thanks!:)

Jan 14, 2009
hi

i have exacty the same problm....i hope somebody knows d solutions...:cool::cool:

Hey! I was hoping that one of you guys could help me resolve this issue since i have no clue what is going on..

I have an unlocked iPhone 3G (2.0.2) that I have earlier been able to sync with iTunes no problem. I used to insert the original sim, avoid updates, and it seemed to be working fine. Lately I had some trouble with my mac and so ended up reformatting the software and reinstalling programs. I cannot remember which version of iTunes it was I was using earlier, but the one I have now is iTunes 8.0.2. Somehow I am no longer able to sync with my iPhone. What happens when I connect it is that it starts transferring only a couple of songs before I get a message saying "Attempting to copy to the disc "iPhone 3G 8GB" failed. The disc could not be red from or written to". This happens every time I try and it will not let me transfer the music. I don't understand this message especially since it already took a couple of songs, and it seems to have been working fine earlier. Does this problem have to do with my iPhone, or is it because I am using a new version of iTunes? iTunes gives me the option of updating my iPhone software to 2.2.1, but if I do this, will I not lock my iPhone at the same time? It also gives me the option to restore to original settings if experiencing problems, but I assume this will do the same, and relock my iPhone?
If anyone would know what to do with this I would be very happy to hear it!
Thanks!:)

Jan 14, 2009
I need the same help as well
so is ther nybody who can help us?i ve tried everything but cant sort it out...cant delete music on my iPhone nor can i add any..iTunes shows the music on my iPhone but doesn't let me do nyhing..is it the iTunes 8.0 cos before this i used iTunes 7 and seemed to work perfectly fine....
ny body to help plsssssss